“Cajun food without spice or flavor”
Review of Cafe NOLA - CLOSED

Cafe NOLA
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We recently tried Cafe Nola because we love spicy Cajun food. We tried multiple dishes from fried chicken to gumbo to crawfish etouffee. All of them were bland. The food wasn't terrible but it didn't have salt, spice or much flavor. This was a real disappointment.

2  Thank aroe

Reviewed November 29, 2012

My son & I recently made a trip to Schenectady and stopped at Café Nola for something to eat.
The ambiance and food were terrific. My son had the crawfish nachos, which looked and tasted fantastic, and I had the French Quarter which was equally fantastic.
The service was great, and both owners of the restaurant came and asked us how our experience was, I have never had that happen before.
I highly recommend Café Nola, and try the home made Sangria-yummy!!!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

What a great location, right in the heart of Schenectady. I have been there several times with family and friends. I love the fact that there is parking in the rear of the building. The interior is bright, cheerful and reminds me of New Orleans! My favorite dish is the chicken pecan salad and I always enjoy trying out their specials (Prime rib steak sandwich is to die for!). The staff is friendly and very accommodating. I have also enjoyed the music stylings of 'Frank'. He knows how to engage a crowd and make it fun! This restaurant is must try.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's such a cute place with so many decorations that bring back my trip to New Orleans. Lovely and very good food. I went to lunch a couple of times and had the turkey and different salads and crabcakes, we also had the desserts that were so delicious. All of them.
The staff was so friendly and nice. We'd go back for dinner anytime. The red beans and rice are excellent. You can also sit out and relax on a nice day. Loved it there.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Took family for "CASUAL NIGHT OUT". Opening items very good. Wings tasty with "GREAT BLUE CHEESE". Gumbo very tasty (SPICY, HOT AND FILLING). Clam "SPECIAL" crispy and enjoyable. Pork chop special loved by my daughter and my wife & I really enjoyed the HONEY FRIED CHICKEN. Friendly staff, good service, and worth the trip there. WE WILL COME BACK AND BRING OTHERS.