“Not a safe area..................”

Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Schenectady
Oshawa, Canada
“Not a safe area..................”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

This hotel was recommended by Orbitz which are affiliated with Amtrak. I was told by Orbitz it was a 3.5 out of 5. My husband was picking me up at the train station, but got caught in traffice in New York. The amtrak attendant did not really know where this hotel was, so I started up the long hill on State Street. The hotel is in a terrible area, and has no curb appeal at all. I was prepaid through Orbitz. When the desk person came out, he was surly looking with red eyes. I was by myself and he asked for payment, I told him it was prepaid. He made some phone call to someone and then said ok. I fortunately had the confirmation printout with me otherwise I may have been hitting the streets again. I asked to see a room first. The rooms were spotless very clean and had been redone completely. I was the only person staying at this hotel. There was supposed to be a continental breakfast, there was some coffee thats it. I wanted to call my husband and could not get a line out of the room, I went to front desk twice and due to language barrier never did get a line out. My husband got there and we left first thing the next morning. Would not advise for woman on her own or even with another woman. Schenectady not a very appealing town police everywhere so you know somethings up.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before you book.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Schenectady hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Travelers also viewed these Schenectady hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Schenectady
#10 of 14 in Schenectady
The Stockade Inn
The Stockade Inn
#8 of 14 in Schenectady

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West

Property: Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West
Address: 759 State St, Schenectady, NY 12307-1288
Location: United States > New York > Schenectady
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Schenectady
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn-Schenectady/Albany West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Schenectady