“Pleasant rural setting, clean, nice, fine place, fine price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Stardust Motor Inn

Stardust Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2700 Curry Road, Off Exit 25 N.Y. Thruway, Schenectady, NY 12303   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Schenectady
Schenectady NY
“Pleasant rural setting, clean, nice, fine place, fine price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

I conduct my consulting business from here and host business associates as guests regularly. My guests have never complained..
The place is clean: I daily watch the proficient housekeeping staff scour vacated rooms.
So I say again: NICE PLACE, NICE PRICE!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
long island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

This is a very run down motel. It is a motel for transients or welfare residents, as we witnessed. We ate the charge of $134.00 rather than stay there. We drove 4 hours home instead.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dc1228

Travelers are raving about these Schenectady hotels

blahblah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

Probally the best priced in the area. Not spic and span clean but certainly not dirty. Has chairs to sit on porch but no pool. Housekeeping staff very nice but seem to be bothered by ungrateful new owners. If you want luxary not the place to go, however if you want something centrally located, inexpensive and comfortable is a good choice.

Stayed July 2007
Detroit
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I have never bothered to rate a hotel before. I came online just to do it so nobody ever has to go through what we went through. Our room was so filthy, there was not even a square inch of something clean. I had to clean the sink, tub, and toilet before being able to step foot in the room. We had to wear flip flops at all times in the room, since the rug was sticky. I brought in our sleeping bags and pillows from our road trip to sleep, since everything was so dirty.

I am a camper. So, I don't mind sleeping in a tent on the ground and using shared bathing facilities. I'm not that picky. But, this was absolutely terrible. When I went to open the shower curtain, my hand was covered with slime from the reverse side. Yuck.

It was too late at night to make arrangements elsewhere. I would have slept in my car, but I didn't know how safe it would have been (given the way that the hotel presented itself).

We hope that our pleas to the management improve the condition for others in the future. In the meanwhile, I hope this helps you better make your travel arrangements.

• Disliked — It was filthy
  • Stayed June 2008
2 Thank TravelFamilyDetroit
connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2008

I have stayed at the Stardust many times from 2006 though 2008 and found the proprietors to be very friendly and helpful. The rooms were always very clean and the hotel staff very accommodating. It was quiet, especially since I like to get to bed early. Great cable TV and high speed wireless internet access is available as well!

I fully recommend this hotel for visitors, with families, couples or singles, for a stay at the motel.

• Liked — friendliness and cleanliness
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2007

The non-smoking room reaked of tobacco smoke....they changed our room but still had odor. The towels were rough...like the ones they use to dry your car off at car washes. Continental breakfast, what a laugh, a cellophane wrapped honey bun and old coffee and "cremora powder creamer". Any place that lists a "toilet" as an amenity should have been a warning to us...which by the way did not have a lid. Also, the water was brown........and took forever to drain, It appears that this motor inn is used by welfare people. Definitly not worth $89 + tax!!

• Liked — location to town
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank spiderNewYork
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2007

Where to start! The room smelled old, the pillow cases had stains on them, on both beds. Didn't dare look at the sheets. We slept on top of the beds, I used a T-shirt for a pillow case. The tub was not nice and took forever to drain out.. Towels and washcloths were like sand paper and I used a hand towel to stand on in the tub to shower and that too was stained! The cost was $91 a night with the taxes, wasn't worth $30. The refrigerator also dirty, dust and cobwebs visible on lights above beds. We were going to leave the next day and not stay again, but were exhausted from our day so stuck it out. We should have voiced our opinion at the time but we settled in late and was just in shock I guess, won't make that mistake again. Don't know about the other rooms but just beware.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — conditions of the room
  • Stayed July 2007
3 Thank BAL96
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schenectady
Mallozzi's Belvedere Inn
The Parker Inn & Suites
#4 of 12 in Schenectady
4.0 of 5 stars 100 reviews
Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center

Been to Stardust Motor Inn? Share your experiences!