“Go somewhere else.”

TuttaBella Trattoria
Ranked #6 of 104 Restaurants in Scarsdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Go somewhere else.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Based on trip advisor, we tried Tutta Bella. I made a reservation over a week ago and they put 7 of us at a table in the bar. It was painfully noisy.
It took them 45 minutes to bring dinner and 2 people had to ask for it. The waiter then dumped a bowl of hot chili flakes on our guests dinner.
I ordered the beet salad and a lobster and clam special. The salad was ordinary but fine. The pasta was well prepared. The lobster was over cooked and cold. My husbands pasta was terrible. Hard and tasteless.
We will not return. 808 or Dominic's are much better choices.

2 Thank Kelsner

“Not an Italian restaurant poseur.... This is the real deal.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I recently went shopping in Scarsdale/East Chester, and after a long day of scouring the areas many shopping sites we were in need of a hearty meal. Enter Tutta Bella Tratoria.

Let me preface this review by saying that I grew up the son of a 100% Italian Mom (great cook) who was the daughter of a 100% Italian Mom (best cook ever), so I am inclined to say that I know good Italian cuisine when I eat it. Also my wife, who is a born and bred Parisien is a quasi chef with a palette some food critics would have spent years of culinary study to develop. Now, onto the review....

Tutta Bella pays homage to the great Italian restaurants of NYC with its slightly formal decor, and extremely professional and very curious and knowledgeable wait staff. Old Italian classics pipe through the sound system just loud enough to be able to identify each song, but never disruptive. The menu is an array of straight forward Italian classics, pastas, fabulous steak and seafood offerings and each are served up in near pitch perfect portion sizes. The pastas are made on sight, as are the desserts. My cavatelli with broccoli rage and homemade sausage was enough to satisfy my serious appetite, but not so much that I felt full. My wife had the chicken Marsala with mushrooms, and she cleaned her plate as though it had just gone through a dishwasher cycle. For desert, we shared the NY Cheese cake which was so lite and delicious, it left us contemplating a second piece! After we were finished, my wife (who is not prone to gush the praises of many restaurants) looked at me and said; "This is what food tastes like when it's prepared with love." Wow!

We liked our initial experience so much that we subsequently booked a reservation for my whole family for my Mom's 79th birthday. The entire family was ale to enjoy what we enjoyed on our first trip. This service was spectacular if completely unshaded by the daunting prospect of coordinating dinner for 13. We strongly recommend a visit to this truly fine restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank DQuigs
Scarsdale, New York
“A delightful experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Wonderful service, very good food, nice atmosphere. The Beet salad is the best I've ever had ( I always order it). Wonderful Branzino.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Fran85
New York
“Outstanding Food and Service, But Noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We called lst minute on a Saturday Night and they were great about squeezing us in, even though it was very busy. We we quickly seated and the waiter was extremely pleasant and helpful. We asked some questions about the food and he didnt know the answer to one of them, so he ran to the kitchedn and got the answer and was apologetic that he didn't know. He was so nice. I think he may have been the ownwer's son. The menu is large and has most of the Italian specialties you woul want. All three of our entrees ( a veal, a pasta and a fish dish) were outstanding. My only reservation in not giving 5 dots, was the noise level. It was very busy, but I also think the acoustics are not so good. We had to speak pretty loudly just hear each other. I'm sure its quiter during the week. Will definiitely be back though.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank kapbak
east greenwich, rhode island
“Great food, big portions, great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Was here for a pharmaceutical dinner. Great private room with attentive wait staff. We ordered off the menu and I was pleasantly surprised. The steak was infinitely better than Ruth's Chris and Peter Lugers!!! Steak cooked to perfection. A must dining experience.

2 Thank dermgoddess