“Poor service, food not great”
Review of Parlor House Grill

Parlor House Grill
Ranked #29 of 54 Restaurants in Sayville
Cuisines: American
New York
“Poor service, food not great”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Bad impression as soon as I walked in for lunch. Hostess was chatting with another employee and completely ignored me for more than a few minutes. When she finally acknowledged me, she wasn't even friendly. Strike One!

We are a group of ten ladies who go out for lunch about once a month. When we were finally seated, we told the waitress that one of our party was still not at the restaurant and asked her to come back in a few minutes so that we could all order at the same time.. Our friend showed up, but not the waitress. Had to wait more than twenty minutes for her to come back to the table.......and the place wasn't crowded. Strike Two!

Our lunch was average. Had a wrap and french fries. Boring. I could have gotten the same meal at the diner down the street for less. Strike Three!

I really wanted to like this place. As others have posted, this location has not had a success story since way back when it was Georges, Fisherman's Net, or Sunset Inn. And I'm going way back. I can't even remember how many times this restaurant has changed hands in the past fifteen years or so.

• Visited November 2013

Long Island, NY
“Freshly prepared lunch and a new feel to a building that's been many restaurants in the past”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This building has be home to many different restaurants that have not done well in the past couple of years, so I hope this restaurant does well! I visited the Parlor House Grill on Columbus Day for lunch. There was only about three tables taken in the entire place, but it was a nice day out so I'm sure many people were out enjoying their day off. The bar is gorgeous, made with a grayish rock/stone wall. There was also a flat screen tv who those of you who like to watch sports. The lunch menu had a nice selection and the waitress was very nice and answered any questions we had. The prices were average. I ordered the french onion soup to start and then the grilled chicken caesar wrap with french fries. I had asked for extra pickles on the side and the waitress brought out a bunch for me :) The french onion soup was delicious and the wrap was huge!! I could only finish one half and had to take the other half home with me. The chef came out during our appetizers to thank us for coming to the restaurant and he said if there was anything we didn't like about our food, we should send it back and they will make something else which I thought was very nice. However, the food was so good we did not even think to send anything back. My wrap was fresh and the salad was crisp! We will definitely be back again, maybe for dinner this time.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Andrea D
Riverhead, New York
“A Great New Addition to the Dining Scene in Sayville”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had a really excellent experience dining at the new Parlor House Grill on Main Street in Sayville Saturday night. The executive chef/owner was formerly executive chef for many years of the South Shore Restaurant, which was a Patchogue dining institution for decades and always good food. The owners have renovated the space top to bottom. From what they told me when I inquired, their Architect son designed it top to bottom. It is very spacious, tasteful and subtle with pale yellow walls and ochre wainscotting with white trim and comfortable traditional, yet updated furnishings with old style schoolhouse lights over the roomy tables. Very nice decor, and with a wheelchair access from the parking lot for those who may need it.

We started with 2 lump crab cakes with a tasty tomato sauce side. They where large and more than enough for two. Very delicious-some of the best I've had. We also tried the soup du jour which was Beef Barley. It was a huge bowl for a very reasonable $4.00. They have an extensive wine and drink menu. We had the house Pinot Grigio which was very good. For entrees I tried the Fettucini Alfredo with grilled chicken and my dining partner had the Lasagna. Both very nicely prepared, and large portions. For desert we finished with their home made Rice Pudding presented to us by the Hostess/owner Dina in a large crystal boat garnished with whipped cream. It was a perfect evening. The house was busy on Saturday night and the staff, seemed to handle it flawlessly which is great for a new place. Our server Giovanna was terrific, and nothing was forgotten or missed. We wish them all the best, and will be back soon.

They serve breakfast, and have later hours which is very good for those of us who like to go out later for dinner. The prices are also very reasonable considering the upscale experience. Dinner for two with all we had was a bit over $60.00

• Visited October 2013