“Good food-good value”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a casual restaurant with a sparsely decorated but neat dining room. The food is moderately priced and quite good, with very nice presentation. The main wine list has approximately 25 bottles, each priced at $25. A separate group of about 7 wines is slightly more expensive. The menu, while not huge, is diverse and can cover most tastes. My seafood paella was excellent. The restaurant provides very good value for the money.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Bistro 25 on a Sunday night during Long Island restaurant week. As we walked in we were warmly greeted by an older gentleman who we assumed was the owner (or at least a manager). After we were seated he was very friendly and helpful in answering our questions and pointing out his favorite items on the menu. The waitstaff were kind and attentive but not overbearing.

We ordered from the LI restaurant week 3 course menu. For appetizers we had the butternut bisque and mussels, these were the stars of the evening, my girlfriend nearly licked the bisque bowl clean and I loved the mussels (particularly the broth that came with them). For the main course we had the sauerbraten (a beef dish with potato pancakes and braised cabbage) and the pan roasted salmon. This course was good, the beef was very tender and flavorful and the salmon was cooked properly. For dessert we had the carrot cake bread pudding and mango sorbet. These were a solid way to finish a nice meal.

Overall we had a great experience and will return for another meal. We experienced none of the service issues that other reviewers have mentioned but dined early on a Sunday evening.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went recently with my daughter, tough to find much on the menu that might fill a person. Settled for the salmon on some bed of chow mein noodles? Unfortunately the noodles were cold and in some sauce they reminded me of saurkraut.The size of the Salmon made me question what I was going to eat later. The size of the salman was not reflective of the price.
Decor like all Long Island restaurants was trying to recapyure an ancient dining room,trying, not succeeding. The staff was fine but I will not be returning.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Food is very good and good portions. This is one of my wife's favorite eating establishments in Sayville. The wine list is well stocked. Although the food is good the menu doesn't vary that much from week to week. Loved the breadsticks they use to have on the table but for some reason they have disappeared. You won't be disappointed with this restaurant .

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were in search of SDalmon that particulasr night and apaprantely Sayville was out of it!1 We asked at the door after walking the strip and ending up there, if they had salmon we were told yes by the owner and were seated.
When the waitress came to take our order we were then told they didn;t have salmon!! We stayed as they had monkfish as their special and that is another of my favorites. The owner came over and aske dif I was familiar with Monkfish -- in a condesceding manner. I replied yes I am I used to be in the restaurant business. My husband ordered a chicken pot pie for his
which was frozen inside when it arrived at the table -- so much for made on the premises --my monkfish was like rubber just horrible -- and i have had monkfish prepared many ways-- when the owner sppraoched the table his reply was that is why i asked you if you were familiar with this type of fish!! We explaine dthe cold pot pie and returned my rubber fish paid for the drinks and left ---NEVER TO RETURN

3  Thank Cheryl L