“Sit Outside”
Review of La Tavola

La Tavola
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tavola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Sayville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Montauk Hwy
Reviewed July 27, 2013

During the summer months sit outside on the porch or down on the patio. Lovely setting with lots of plants and trees. It's quieter than inside and the service is just as good. The food and variety of choices will keep you coming back. Their Crispy Fish is a very popular choice for a main course and the Change of Life Doughnut is a perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I live in Sayville and have been to LaTavola multiple times. We have even went to a cooking demonstration there. The food is amazing (steak, chicken, pork, pasta all are good) and the service very professional . Really nice, homey atmosphere. We eat out a lot in LI and NYC and their food is still one of our favorites. Great choice of Italian wines too. Their Homemade pound cake donut and gelato is hands- down the best dessert I've had anywhere . Always a great night out. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I joined dear friends of ours at LaTavola for a Saturday night meal. Thankfully we had reservations, as the place was packed. Our server, Sam, greeted us and was very attentive the entire evening. I had some sauvignon blanc that was absolutely delicious. It was difficult to pick items from the menu as EVERYTHING sounded delicious. I settled on a lobster cocktail and a chicken marsala pizza. Wow! The lobster cocktail was HUGE for $12--all excellent lobster meat and not the icky stuff some places try to pawn off as lobster. The pizza was also very good--and was large enough to feed us the next day for lunch. My husband had the rice balls (yummy!) and shrimp fra diavlo...which he said was the BEST fra diavlo he had ever had. Our friends were also pleased with their meals. Sam assured us our night would not be complete without a special dessert that mixed the flavors of chocolate & peanut butter with banana sorbet on top. One dessert was certainly large enough to feed two people...and we even left a bit over. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend lunch or dinner at La Tavola. We have never been dissatisfied with the service or the food!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Let me first off start by saying that I have never ate here, but we always stop in for a drink or two. The Bar is cozy but small. They usually have live music on the weekends and on Wednesday nights, they do a Wine Down Wednesday which you get a bottle of wine at half price. The Bar area can get a little cramped up but on warmer nights, the outside patio is opened up and is a great place to sit. The service is night and the atmosphere is wonderful. If you're looking to stay away from the 21 year old crowd, this is a good place to stop in.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I recently ate at La Tavola for the Price Fixe as I have often done in th epast. I was dismayed to see that half of the entrees and starters had an upcharge, since there were only 6 or so entrees on the Price Fixe menu it really wasn't a true Price Fixe because there were not many combinations that would not result in the upsharge. Food was OK service great as always.