“Great Food & Environment ”
Review of Koi Sushi

Koi Sushi
Order Online
Ranked #23 of 63 Restaurants in Sayville
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We visited here with our friends. We where a big group but all was great. The food is very tasty & the service was really good. We enjoy the environment when there as well! My kids really like the food & the setting as well.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I have eaten at this place 3 times to give a fair review. Once for lunch and dinner twice.

The first time was when they just opened for business. That was the only time the sushi was great. Nice size slices of fish. The next 2 times, totally different. Skimpy sushi pieces, small amount of filet in hibachi.

A restaurant NEEDS consistency, without it, failure is inevitable...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018

We've been residents of Sayville for over 26 years, just about half my life. I've seen some good Restaurants (Sayville Inn or JD Greenery) come and go, also have seen some stalwarts (Cafe' Joelle or Ageans) that are like Old Wine and just keep getting Better and Better.

In all those years we never had a Sushi Restaurant and although its been over a year since they opened.. it was about time for us to experience Koi. To be honest Koi is more of an Asian Fusion Restaurant and not just exclusively a Japanese Sushi identity. The decor is crisp and clean with a modernistic flair. We went for lunch during Memorial Day Weekend and were joined by our youngest daughter (the Vegan..ha ha), which makes selections a bit challenging at times but, it also gives us another view point of food choices. She ordered her favorite appetizer; Steamed Edamame and I went with Beef Negimaki, which was presented really well and very tasty. Each of us received the house Salad, which to be honest; if you've had one Japanese Salad with Ginger Salad Dressing in any other place, you've had the same regardless. I actually ordered the Kani Salad also (crab, cucumber, fish egg and Japanese mayo) on the basis of the picture on the the menu and although pretty tasty it actually looked nothing like the photo. We were each also given a complimentary Miso soup (see above comment about house salad). Our Daughter chose the Vegatable Pad Thai; which was appetizing in view, but she said was just okay. My wife had the Chicken Lettuce Wrap.. again an okay but, nothing of an OMG status. I chose the Spicy Roll Combo and although plentiful in quantity, the rice was extremely dry and the flavors of the tuna, salmon and yellowtail were all bland and no where near the "spicy' designation. I'm all for given restaurants a second try and as that it is in my hometown I do plan on giving this another shot. Hopefully with a better opinion.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018

When my husband suggested we try this place after a long day, I was not looking
forward to it as the outside made me think of a fast food place and I always associated the location with diner food. We went and boy was I surprised. It is simple but lovely inside. The food was fresh and prepared well.The menu is extensive so we want to go back. We tried assorted sushi and all were delicious. I hope they do well and stay.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed May 24, 2017

Finally tried the new Sushi Restaurant in Sayville and was pleasantly surprised. The ambiance is nice inside considering the building used to be the Modern Diner. I had the Shrimp Tempura Roll, Spicey Salmon Roll and a Spice Yellow Tail roll and they were all very good. Would stop in again.

Date of visit: May 2017