New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Chicago, Illinois
“Second time around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I stayed at this Comfort Inn in saugerties ny about a year ago. It was quite pleasant the first time, The second time, I couldnt have asked for a better experience. The desk clerk Corey was more than helpful, he went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable! My room was immaculate, the beds are the best beds ive encountered in my travels! Breakfast was great! We had sausage and eggs along with a cinnamon waffle. (so good!) The housekeeping staff was incredible, I spilled coffee on my bed in the morning, i called down to the front desk and housekeeping showed up promptly. Had everything changed and bed remade in 10 minutes. I will stay at this location every time i pass threw Saugerties ny.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank john s
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thank You...Thank You.....For all your wonderful comments!

I am happy that our staff was so efficient to meet your every needs.
It is always a pleasure to greet a returning guest and
make sure that they have a great stay once again.

Again....Thank You......

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Obviously, the hotel was very short staffed. We tried to check-in at 3:30pm and were told our room wasn't ready yet, so we had to wait in the lobby. The next morning, I went to the front desk to get more towels (we only had 2 bath, 2 hand towels, and 2 wash cloths) and they said "I'm sorry but we're out of towels." What?! How does a hotel run out of clean towels??

We also noticed that the first light we turned on in the room had a very dirty lampshade - not sure what was on it. :(

Overall, this was not a good stay at this hotel; we're stayed here before, but this was a bad experience. I called the general manager after we got home to complain and left a voice mail. 3 days later, and he has not called me back yet. NOT happy!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann B
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
I am so sorry that your stay was not as good as your last,
I never received your voice mail. Yes it is true that that weekend
half of the housekeeping staff was out sick. I am sorry again that
your room was not ready when you arrived.. It was a big ski weekend and almost all
the rooms in the hotel had asked for extra towels. That is why when
you asked at 6.30 am for towels there were none clean
Again please give us another chance to show you that what
occurred was not the normal.

Travelers are raving about these Saugerties hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

I have never been to a Comfort Inn before so I was weary based on the comments but I have to say, my stay was very good. I'd go back if I have work in the area again. The room and bathroom were clean (small stain on the carpet but not a big deal). The shower water was hot and the heat in the room worked great. The front desk person, whom I assumed was the manager was very courteous and helpful. I only stayed the night and was out long before the 11am check in so I didn't encounter the housekeeping staff. The location was great as it was right off the highway, our room was closer to the back so I didn't have problems with the highway noise. I didn't use the wireless internet but the TV was great with lots of channels. I also didn't stop for the free breakfast so I can't speak to that.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind review. I hope you will stay with us many times in the future.
VALATIE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Talk about no frills. No elevator, no vending machines, no coffee past 10am, staff not helpful at all. I went to the desk looking for a vending machine for a beverage. No machines, the desk had bottled water for 1.25, I only had 1 dollar cash and a card. No go.......had to drink tap water. No one informed us there was breakfast, so we missed that too, and as I mentioned no coffee left. Paid $145.00 for one night, truly overpriced for the area. Not happy at all.

Room Tip: No tips......also, smelled very smokey.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TERRY C
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
I am so sorry that you missed breakfast. There were signs at the front desk and in your room which displayed the breakfast hours. I guess you didn't see them. Coffee is always available at the breakfast counter. Yes it is true that we don't have an elevator... But we are having one installed in the beginning of next year. Again I am sorry that our vending machine was in need of restocking but we do have one.
Wayland, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had just come from two nights in an Econo Lodge in the area, paid twice the price for 1/2 as good a facility. The lobby and breakfast areas are well done. The rooms have good furniture and are of adequate size. could use some new sheets and of course it is on the highway so there is some noise. Ask for a room that does not face highway. Well worth the very reasonable rates they charge.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
The entire staff thanks you for your kind comments.
We love to hear from great guests like yourself.
Thank You Again !
Central Square, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed for one night with our dog. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The television worked well. The bathroom was clean and we had no trouble using the shower as others seemed to have in their reviews. The hotel staff was very nice. They have plenty of grass for walking the dog. The price of the room was a bit high but then all the motels in the area were over $100.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms #222 and #224, they are on either side of the stairwell. We heard people clunking their...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
It was a pleasure to read your review. Thank you.
Please come back and also tell your friends about this Comfort Inn.
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Let's start with the good. Convenient location-right off Thruway exit and central to a lot of Catskill sites. Close to our family wedding site. Kind of pricey for mediocre. Place is not being maintained well. Free breakfast was below average. Not enough seating for eating. Municipal water has funky smell. We use Comfort Inns a lot. This was my least favorie.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank James C
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We take them very seriously and
that is the way we can improve. Our breakfast is the standard one served in all Comfort
Inns. Yes you are correct that the seating area is small. In the beginning of next
year we plan to expand its size.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Courtyard Kingston
#3 of 10 in Kingston
4.0 of 5 stars 294 reviews
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!