“A comfortable inn ....”

Comfort Inn Saugerties
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lets start with how I'm more a Hyatt or Marriot girl. I arrived late, Friday, the weekend of Presidents day weekend. I was greeted by a nice gentleman ( and his dog) who checked me into the hotel. The lobby was clean and nicer than most comfort inns. This hotel was just what we were looking for to spend a weekend in the Catskills. It was clean and comfortable . The staff was always friendly. We booked a larger king room ( ask for room 101). It had a fridge ( for the beer we bought across the street)a , and small couch. The hotel had free wifi that was slow ( only downfall). After a long day in the cold , this room was a welcome return. The breakfast was simple, but did he job. Breads, pastries, waffles, sausage, egg paties , hard boiled eggs, yogurts, cereals, juice , and coffee. (just don't go to the Howard Johnson diner down the blocks...that's another review...ekk) This is the nicest hotel in 45 minutes to Hunter mnt or Whyndham mnt. ( other than B&Bs and rental homes)

Room Tip: Room 101 is one of two LARGE king rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babywe
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I was very pleased with your kind comments. Please stay with us again when you are in the area...Thank you!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We often use this Comfort Inn while visiting grand children in Saugerties.. Rooms have always been clean and well maintained. This trip was no exception. (Jan 19th,2013) The breakfast dining room is a bit small if there is a 'run on it' for breakfast. This trip , we grabbed our eats and headed for our room . At least there was a place to sit . Staff are courteous. The breakfast is a standard .Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs are provided with asst bagels, fruit, danishes, juices, coffee & tea, etc. More than ample to get you on the road. A coffee /Tea setup is available 24 hrs for guests and it wasn't bad either. There is a small but ample refridge that actually works. No micro wave. TV is OK, but since we're hardly in the room , we didn't use it.. This was January but the room was warm, so we turned the A/C on and both features both worked very well and was pretty quiet. This is a PET FRIENDLY motel. That fee was waived by the young friendly clerk on duty. The bathrooms were clean & maintained and everything worked including plenty of hot water.. Beds were comfortable. Ample parking front & back.
There is a Howard Johnson next door to this place. We used it once when the Comfort Inn was full. We left with a case of bed bug bites. Never again.
The Comfort Inn has been around a while, but all in all it's pretty decent for our needs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Den C
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

It was a pleasure to read your review. I am so happy that you return to our hotel each time you visit Saugerties. Thank you and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Some friends and I stayed a couple nights here while skiing at Windham Mountain.

The rooms aren't fancy, but they're big, and our double Queen bed room had a desk, couch and coffee table too.

The bathroom was fine for four people. We had a fridge in our room as well. Plenty of places to plug stuff in/charge our electronics.

The location is good, right off the highway, close to a diner, close to gas and other essentials -- pizza, Stewarts, CVS, etc.

I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Like I said, the double Queen bed room was nice and big, with extra furniture too.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Please stay with us again when you return to the area. Saugerties is a year round destination with many events taking place.
Thank You.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was at the end of a three day whirlwind trip from Virginia to New Hampshire with a stop on the way up in NYC. I was on the go visiting, touring, driving in snow, etc. and I was TIRED! It was 6:00 and I knew I'd want to quit by the time I reached expensive Westchester area hotels so I stopped early at this hotel to get triple points on my loyalty plan. The elderly gentleman referred to in an earlier review was there. He was kind and helpful and gave me a small discount on his originally quoted price. He recommended a diner around the corner (obviously not the one next door at the Howard Johnon's) that was worth the visit. Since I was alone on this part of the trip, he suggested the king size bed room that was comfortable. The room was a little close to the entrance, but that was ok. The bed was a little hard for my taste, but not uncomfortable. I got the rest I needed.
The TV did only have a few channels, but that is no problem since I use Netflix on my tablet anyway. What really gives this an average rating is the breakfast. It had limited choices and some of the apples were bruised. My breakfast was filling and I went on my way. Not a memorable stay, but that's not what I wanted. I got the rest I needed, ate at a fantastic diner, and made it back to Virginia later than I wanted, but properly rested.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

I am glad you got the rest you needed and got home safe. Thank you for your review

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a weekend, and our stay was very nice. The room was clean, and we enjoyed having the refrigerator in the room too. The morning breakfast was great - lots of choices! We will stay here again when we come to the area. The only bad thing was that I had to call the hotel after we got home, because I thought they overcharged me. The man at the front desk who answered the phone got upset enough with me that he hung up on me; I had to call back. We got it straightened out, but it was still unnecessary to hang up on a customer!

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby and the breakfast is good!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry there was some confusion about your bill.
I hope you stay with us again

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Traveler beware! Where do I begin... The lobby is dark and red with the smell of dog. The front desk is staffed with frail older gentlemen that need a refresher in customer service. The room is a typical low-end comfort inn without a microwave and only five channels (not HD) on the TV. My experience with the continental breakfast was stale bread and warm orange juice. I wish I had a positive experience to share with you but I just...oh wait, there were plenty of open parking spaces available.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Connoisseur72
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

I am a little confused by your comments.
No where in the building are the walls or furniture
the color red.We do have more than four or five channels
on cable tv and our breakfast is put out fresh daily.
I hope you didn't confuse us with some other hotel
you stayed at.

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Geeat location just off the highway. We stopped here on our way back to New York. The room was clean, the staff very friendly, gave out treats to our dog as we were getting our coffee and breakfast. Lots of breakfast options, comfortable beds. Good value for a night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

It was apleasure to read your review.
I hope we see you and you pets in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Hotel Vienna
Hotel Vienna
#2 of 7 in Windham
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!