Comfort Inn Saugerties
$69
Wenton Motel(Saugerties)
$88
  • Free Internet
Diamond Mills Hotel(Saugerties)(Great Value!)
$550
$475
Travelocity
$110
$185
$135
Travelocity
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$179
$119
Residence Inn
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$129
$119
Courtyard
Total Tennis(Saugerties)
All reviewsroom was cleanyogurtthe breakfast areathruway exitski tripindoor poolnext morninghunter mountainwould stay here againnothing fancyflat screen tvnice staymotelskiinglinenshitsnyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 7, 2012

My Scottish Terrier, Rosie, and I stayed here for one night as we were meeting a rescue Scottie in Saugerties the next morning. I am a frequent business traveler, and typically stay at Hyatt or Marriott properties. Comfort Inn Saugerties compares most favorably with other properties in the mid-range traveler category.

The lobby is warm, welcoming, and tastefully decorated. There was NO discernible odor of cigarette smoke within the hotel during my stay.

The room was well-appointed, with an exceptionally comfortable bed. Furnishings included a small refrigerator and a large-screen television. High-speed Internet was indeed high-speed, as advertised.

My room was near an outside exit, on the side away from the NYS Thruway, and was convenient for taking my dog outside.

Breakfast was fine; eggs, sausage, an assortment of cereals, "healthy" Activia yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, pastry, bread for toasting, and bagels, as well as a waffle-maker.

Exercise room is well-appointed, with safe, quality exercise equipment.

Peter, the general manager, was friendly, informative, and efficient.

A year ago, I avoided staying here based on tripadvisor reviews, and instead stayed at a pet-friendly Holiday Inn in Kingston. This year, because the reviews were positive, I decided to stay here, and I am very pleased to add a positive review for this well-run, clean, safe, convenient, and quiet hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank StaryBaba
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. We truly try to please every guest.
I am so happy that you found everything flawless,
It was a pleasure speaking with you and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

The Comfort Inn would be a good deal at about $75 or $80 a night and maybe a place to stay for JUST ONE night. For example if you're traveling I-87 and just need a decent place to crash. Its not run down by any means, its just not very nice in several areas. First impressions count for a lot. When I walked into the lobby the first thing I noticed was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Apparently the front desk workers smoke in the office behind the front desk, thus the whole time I stayed there the lobby area smelled like smoke. Who wants to breathe 2nd hand smoke when they check in? In this day and age most better establishments are 100% smoke free, but not the comfort inn which still has a fair number of smoking rooms.

Secondly the rooms themselves are small and cramped. NOt so bad if you're flying solo, but a family of 4 will be on top of eachother. The room itself was clean, including the lav, but the bedspreads were worn. There are high powered lamps outside that shine in the windows.

The third issue and really worst problem was noise. The walls are so thin you can hear the sound of the TV in the next room or people talking. The doors to the rooms slam, so any time anyone in your vicinity comes or goes your whole room will shake. The heating unit also cycles on and off with a loud groaning noise, disrupting your sleep. Honestly, this was one of the worst 2 nights of sleep I had in a long time.

The breakfast was forgettable and not healthy at all. Don't listen to anyone who said it was good- they must subsist on greasy diner and processed foods. The eggs were powdered, gray looking fatty sausage patties, stale boring cereal. Hard boiled eggs tasted funny. Yogurt was not healthy brand, it was overly sweet and processed. No cut up fresh fruit and t hen a bunch of processed pastries, similar to what you could buy at a gas station. NO fresh baked goods.

If you want a decent stay, find a Hampton Inn, Courtyard or Hilton Garden Inn, all of which have better amenities. I can't believe I paid almost $100 a night for this crappy place. Never again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end, and not next to the staircase.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank atomicdoug
hiphaz7, General Manager at Comfort Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2012

I am concerned about the problems you experienced during your visit at our hotel in
December 2011. I am writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my
attention.

We do our best to accommodate all our guests every evening while striving to make
their stay a satisfying one. The principle goal at our hotel is to provide dependable service
at a reasonable price for all our guests. Consequently, I was disappointed to learn how
unhappy you were.

Please accept my sincerest apology. I am very sorry that that we could not live up to your
expectations that day, but I assure you that is not the norm here. I want you to know
that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They
tell us what we are doing right and what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Your
willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated and will help us to improve..

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
There’s no excuse for anything less than complete satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The room was clean and comfortable. I received a warm welcome from Larry and Murphy. Larry was extremely polite and helpful; it made a difficult business trip much more pleasant. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

I am always so happy to hear from a pleased past guest.
Thank you for writing. We really appreciate your comments.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

Pros: Room was OK. TV updated, but not great picture. Clean enough. Large fridge.
Cons: INTERNET is very INTERMITTENT. If you need internet for business, do not stay here or you'll be frustrated or worse. I am rating POOR for this reason. Their sign touts "high speed internet" which is not true at all.

Room cleaners knock around 9AM. If you sleep later than that, you probably won't get the room cleaned as I was told "they don't come back".
As noted elsewhere - NO ELEVATOR to 2nd floor.

Some staff were pleasant, some not. (Not even a "thank you" upon checking out.)

Not many choices in the area, though.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write to TripAdvisor about your last stay at our hotel.
I am truly sorry that you had trouble staying connected to the internet. I don't know what caused the problem and truly understand that you needed it for business. We do have a help phone line
when our guests are experiencing internet problems.I have addressed the staff about early
knocking on guest doors and have corrected that problem.I hope you stay with us again when you are in the area and give us another chance to provide you with a pleasant stay

Reviewed October 22, 2011

We recently drove back to Pennsylvania from a 4 day camping trip in the Adirondacks. After getting a late start with our 2 1/2 year old, we were ready to pull over and sleep for the night. We tried the Howard Johnson next door and asked if they could give us a decent last minute rate (I'm 8 months pregnant so I appealed to their softer side)... no luck. We called the Comfort Inn and Larry at the front desk could not have been nicer. He found a coupon and gave us a discounted rate, which was much appreciated.

The room was extremely clean and seemed updated. We had 2 huge beds that we were extremely grateful for and a nice flat screen tv. We ordered pizza, took long hot showers and got an excellent quiet night's sleep. I was aware that there was a dog on our floor since pets are accepted there, but I never heard the dog bark (a testament to the thickness of the walls!).

In the morning, my son and I went to venture to the lobby to see what was offered for the complimentary breakfast. I was expecting a coffee pot and some danishes. There was a little galley full of sausage, make your own waffles, a cereal bar, yogurt, eggs, danishes, muffins, fresh fruit and coffees and teas. I'm sure there is more that I'm forgetting. There was plenty of room for guests to sit and enjoy the variety of breakfast goods. I didn't feel like I was eating some half-assed breakfast in a hotel.

If we make the same trip up to NY next year, we will definitely stay here again. Obviously, this is a hotel on the side of the highway- not a Four Seasons in downtown NYC. But it is one of the nicest hotels that I've stayed in regardless of location.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family