This is what we call : to be at the wrong place at the wrong time!!!
I had to be in this area for the week end and this was the only affordable (well $120 with Priceline) option since it was supposedly a big busy weekend.
Very disappointed with this cheap motel, with only smoking room available (that smell cigarettes and mold together).
It was advertise as free breakfast but it's a lie! No breakfast; only coffee... But restaurant next door...
Old room in need of improvement, shower not working very well, Internet so so...
Good size fridge and microwave & flat screen TV...
Very nice downtown a mile away, lovely people in town...
Nice bike routes with over 20 miles of scenic views (need to go online for info since the hotel has no clue about it!).
A bad experience but tonight should be (will be) much better since everywhere would be better then here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Energy Star Certified and a Proud Member of the Green Business BureauHoward Johnson Inn - Saugerties hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 87. Our newly updated hotel near the Catskill Mountains offers all you need for an exciting trip to upstate New York. Take advantage of the handy perks we offer, like free Wi-Fi Internet, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, guest laundry, heated indoor pool, restaurant and large-vehicle parking. Enjoy free coffee, cappuccino and hot chocolate, available 24 hours a day in our lobby. Handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Book online today.LOCAL ATTRACTIONSCatch a kid-friendly live show at the Arm-of-the-Sea Theater or a movie at the Orpheum Theater. To learn something new, discover Opus 40 and the Quarryman’s Museum, historic Kiersted House, or the American Legion Museum. Spend time in the scenic Catskill Mountains, Cantine Dam Falls, Seamon Park or Esopus Bend Nature Preserve.Head to Kiwanis Ice Arena to watch a hockey game or enjoy public skating. Stroll along Saugerties Village Beach in the summer or hit the slopes in the winter at Windham and Hunter mountains. Get a bargain at nearby Hudson Valley Mall. No matter when you visit, do not forget to check out the variety of annual events like horse shows, music festivals and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Saugerties
- Howard Johnson Saugerties
- Saugerties Howard Johnson