While this hotel is not five star it is clean and comfortable for travelers who love the surrounding areas - Woodstock, Catskills, Saugerties. It is nestled in a rich art community, music abounds and if you want to hike, trek,or explore a wonderful array of forests this is somewhere to rest your head, have a hot shower and fuel up at breakfast time for your day(s) of exploration ahead. We love the staff at the diner connected to the hotel, the friendly waitresses start our day with cheeriness.
The towns of Woodstock and Saugerties are worth a visit to stroll the streets and get to people watch, taste some home made delicacies or shop in hand made artist boutique shops. Both towns are rich in history not just the hippy era. Of course tie dye is a fashion statement. Don't forget music at 'The Ramble' or ' The Bearsville Theater'. There is so much to do in this neck of the woods, so why not come up!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Energy Star Certified and a Proud Member of the Green Business BureauHoward Johnson Inn - Saugerties hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 87. Our newly updated hotel near the Catskill Mountains offers all you need for an exciting trip to upstate New York. Take advantage of the handy perks we offer, like free Wi-Fi Internet, in-room microwaves and refrigerators, guest laundry, heated indoor pool, restaurant and large-vehicle parking. Enjoy free coffee, cappuccino and hot chocolate, available 24 hours a day in our lobby. Handicapped-accessible and non-smoking rooms are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. Book online today.LOCAL ATTRACTIONSCatch a kid-friendly live show at the Arm-of-the-Sea Theater or a movie at the Orpheum Theater. To learn something new, discover Opus 40 and the Quarryman’s Museum, historic Kiersted House, or the American Legion Museum. Spend time in the scenic Catskill Mountains, Cantine Dam Falls, Seamon Park or Esopus Bend Nature Preserve.Head to Kiwanis Ice Arena to watch a hockey game or enjoy public skating. Stroll along Saugerties Village Beach in the summer or hit the slopes in the winter at Windham and Hunter mountains. Get a bargain at nearby Hudson Valley Mall. No matter when you visit, do not forget to check out the variety of annual events like horse shows, music festivals and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Saugerties
- Howard Johnson Saugerties
- Saugerties Howard Johnson