Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
  • Free Internet
$129
$195
$130
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$159
Residence Inn
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
$149
$139
Courtyard
Total Tennis(Saugerties)
All reviewsattached dinerindoor poolcoffee makernice stayhunter mountainsaunaskiingfestivalhits
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I recently stayed at the howard johnsons in saugerties ny. The rooms where moldy (there was water damage from recent storms) dirty, carpet was ripped and frayed. Internet was spotty at best. The rooms have not been updated since the place was built. I would not recommend this hotel to my enemies. My advice stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NyCatherine
johnjennyScarborough, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness and constant upgrades to our hotel and apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of our property take it very seriously when customers are not satisfied. We hope to have the opportunity to do business with you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed at this HoJo Hotel expecting all the amenities offered, Everything was in order except that when we attempted to turn on the TV, it was not in working order. A working TV was an especially important part of our one night get-a-way trip and I was not bound to this particular area. I realize the non-reception was due to the recent hurricane but I feel the front desk should have informed us that there was no TV reception at the time of check-in or even before we got there as they had our contact numbers (we had booked online). I would like a refund of our stay and have emailed the corporate HoJo office several times but am having a difficult time getting a response from HoJo.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Regy5
saugertieshojo, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2011

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Decent motel but the AC is noisy and in summer room is stuffy without it. On the highway side it's noisy with the window open so you're stuck with their old AC unit. Room was clean, front desk friendly, great location just off hwy 87 and close to Saugerties, shopping, not too far to Woodstock. The diner next door was good, filling, friendly, and with the 10% hotel discount a good value. Hotel seems expensive for just a motel next to a diner.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank MitchellNY

I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. In addition, please know that your comments and issues will be addressed. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Saugerties Howard Johnsons for two nights in July 2011. Nice overall experience- clean, quiet, good value- but I would like to especially commend the young woman at the front desk, both on our arrival and departure. I believe her name was Violet, and I hope I have that right, because she was polite and pleasant far beyond the usual professional obligations. A very fine person and reason enough alone to stay at this hotel. They are very lucky to have her, and a traveler is fortunate to deal with her. Thanks, and continued success to her and this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bzane

Thank you so much for the great review! We look foward to seeing you again soon. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

my son and I went here for a weekend get away we found this hotel in one of those discount motel magazines you pick up at the rest areas they had a great walk in rate the room came with a coffee maker fridge and microwave i asked and found out every room has these the restaurant johnny Gs was also very good the staff was excellent my son who is 6 years old stayed in the pool the entire time we were there and loved the pasta at the restaurant we had a great time and can not wait to go back

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family