“Clean room great price, excellent service”

Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The room was nice and clean, which is a major thing that I look for in a room. The staff was kind and was willing to help me find my way around the town. The location was amazing because it was right off of the thruway and the rooms had no noise what so ever. The room was definately worth what I payed.

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank Mounta

Reviewed April 15, 2011

Rooms were very clean, and front desk staff was very friendly. They have a nice convenient diner next door. The pool was well heated, and it was an excellent stay at HOJO.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank steven8806
Reviewed January 14, 2011

The hotel is a nice place for an affordable stay. The staff were very friendly and the place were very clean. I live in CT and the hotel is almost 2 hours away. I forgot one of my belongings there and had called to see if they had retrieve it. The front desk lady told me to call back and when I did, there were no answers. I have attempted to call several times and gave up. Little did I know, I received a package from Howard Johnson with my belonging and I couldn't be any happier. Howard Johnson in Saugerties NY have awesome staff and exceptional service. I would definitely go back again. Thank you guys!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank HJB0708
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Obvious that the bathroom had been remodeled. Bed was as comfortable as any I have ever slept in. Highway noise minimal, even though our room faced the Thruway.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank waltstime1
Reviewed November 29, 2010

indoor heated pool with sauna retaurant next door microwave with refrigerator in room with iron.clean place with nice staff and a tremendous value especially with computer in lobby to stay on top of things.Terrific.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank viking1917
saugertieshojo, Front Desk Clerk at Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I don't know about the other folks reviewing this motel but this HoJo was a pretty tired building. The bathroom was from 1950's. The breakfeast was a chit for 10 or 20% off in a diner located on the parking lot. It was not associated with HoJo, just a privately owned diner. The price was much cheaper than the Comfort Inn, located next door to the HoJo,that in it's self might be an attraction for the traveler. I've stayed at the Comfort Inn otfen. This time The CI was booked solid so, ti left me with the HoJo. The room appeared clean,but the next morning she awoke scratching. Her legs were covered with red bite marks. I did not have them but I had a seperate bed. BED BUGS?? It wasn't mosquitoe bites that 's for sure. The Comfort Inn leaves the HoJo in the dust as far as nicer rooms, 100% better breakfeast with all the trimmings. So far no bed bugs either.
I will not stay at the HoJo again. If the CI is filled, I'll stay in Kingston, NY and spend another 10 minutes driving to see my daughter and my grandkids in Saugerties.This HoJo needs a complete overhaul and bring it into the 21st Century.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank den531

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review. We are always looking for ways to improve the quality of your stay. It is really unfortunate that you were unsatisfied with our property. We can assure you that our hotel does not have bed bugs. Renovations are an ongoing process here and are confident that if you return you will be pleasantly surprised. We hope to see again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

Planned to stay overnight because we were visiting perspective colleges but the hotel was REALLY nice.... the room decor is usually found in more expensive hotels and there is so much to do in the area so we stayed TWO extra days!. The pool and sauna were very relaxing after stressful day of visiting 2 college campuses... pool and sauna - open from 9 a.m. - 9 p.m. Helpful staff that told us about hiking trails in the Catskill region and wonderful places to visit that pleased our youngest (6 years old) and our oldest (18 years old) and the two inbetween. We went to nearby Woodstock and Hyde Park, had fun at a free jazz festival at Hunter Mountain. Good restaurant on premises that offers 10% discount plus LOTS of great restaurants in town and surrounding area. We plan to go back for skiing and for local festivals.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank F1del1ty
saugertieshojo, front Desk Clerk at Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. The positive feedback is greatly appreciated. We take pride in the quality of our property as well as our staff, and local communities. We're so glad you had such a fun filled, relaxing visit and look foward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center
Diamond Mills Hotel
Diamond Mills Hotel
#1 of 6 in Saugerties

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties? Share your experiences!