“The best food we had in the USA”

Miss Lucy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cislago, Italy
“The best food we had in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

On a recent trip to the East coast USA, I visited friends in Woodstock from Geneva, Switzerland with my boyfriend, an Italian chef, and his daughter from Milan, Italy. My friend suggested we go to Miss Lucy's for lunch and WOW. We all had the fabulously creamy corn chowder, then he had crabmeat eggs benedict, she had normal eggs benedict, and I had the real Reuben's with sauerkraut, russian dressing and cole slaw. These were the BEST French fries we have ever had--fresh and crunchy but also soft and bending. The WOW were the desserts--Denise had the Cherry Almond Tortelette, which was from heaven. I had blueberry shortcake, dreamy. Weren't we surprised to learn from a mutual French friend that the owner is French! It was the perfect American meal.

New York
“Let me start this off...great time at Miss Lucy's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

My wife and I spent the day in Saugerties this past Saturday and enjoyed our lunch at Miss Lucy's enough to write about it. Saturday lunch menu includes brunch options. I went for the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict and my wife went for the country ham and mozzeralla cheese sandwich. We normally share, so I can attest that both were A++. The Crab Cakes were delicioius and the poached egg was one of the best I ever had. The mozzeralla cheese and country ham were also both very good. We had a table next to the front window and the scenery was equally interesting inside and out. The staff was perfectally attentive, genuinely making sure we were enjoying ourselves. I recommend anyone traveling North or South on I-87 to split up your trip with a great meal here. Next time my wife and I will check out dinner. The dinner menu looked great with a lot of moderately priced seafood options, our favorite. My understanding is the owners are a young couple. My sense is they run the front of the house with a fab chef in back. Highly recommend this place to anyone traveling through on I-87 or looking to spend the day in Saugerties.

1 Thank Daniel_R_Miller