“Decent food, horrible service, cute atmosphere”

Miss Lucy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Carrboro, North Carolina
“Decent food, horrible service, cute atmosphere”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Even if the food had been amazing, I couldn't overlook our awful waitress. The menu says: Egg & Cheese Sandwich w/ Ham & Cheddar Biscuit. I say to the waitress, "I'm a vegetarian, can I get a different type of bread since it's a ham & cheddar biscuit and I don't eat ham?" She says, "No, sorry, they're pretty strict about the menu, it's pretty set." I say, "Really, I can't just get it on a different type of bread?" She says, annoyed, "Well, I don't know, I guess I could ask." I say, "Forget it I'll get something else." She says, "Are you sure? I can ask." So she does, and of course it's okay, so I ask for it on an English muffin. Then I had the audacity to ask if the egg was scrambled or fried, and it's fried. I say, "Is scrambled an option?" and she sighs and doesn't say anything but just storms off to the kitchen in a huff to ask, as though I am a huge inconvenience. Anyway, the sandwich comes, scrambled & on an English muffin, with a giant pile of ham!!! Turns out the ham is on the sandwich, not in the biscuit (confusing menu wording...should say ON a cheddar biscuit), but she wasn't paying close enough attention to my order ask them to hold it. Anyway, when I eventually got it it was pretty good, but not great. The biscuit (which I ended up getting since it didn't have meat in it) tasted like bisquick mix. The salad was soggy and blah. Potatoes were good. My friend liked the crab cakes benedict a lot (it did look good) and my other friend thought her sandwich was decent (I think it was a ham sandwich or something). The waitress also took forever to take our order in the first place, didn't check back with us (I had to get up to tell her about the ham), didn't clear the plates, didn't bring the check (we had to ask). It ruined the experience for me; I can't recommend it because of her. Plus, I think $11 is a lot for a half-decent egg sandwich, soggy salad, and a few pieces of potato.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank sillysarahc123

Wappingers Falls, New York
“Nice find”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had lunch with friends at Miss Lucy's after a visit to the Caskills Animal Sancuary. A very nice, but limtied menu. I enjoyed a venison salami sandwitch, while others at my talbe had the omlette, cheeseburger, and the Rubin.

Agreement all reound, the food was very fresh, and tastie.

• Visited September 2012
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Poor impression”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were at dinner in Miss Lucy's Kitchen .
Dirty glasses. wait too long for food.
Service was good.
However, poor impression

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Yu T
New York
“Creative menu, disappointing meal”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I really appreciate the creativity of the menu but imagine my surprise when I ordered a Vietnamese Bahn Mi sandwich and it was liverwurst! The bread was tasty but hard, and the liverwurst was overwhelming. My dining companion wanted chicken on a salad and they had no fresh chicken so gave her arugula with the kids menu fried chicken tenders. That was a pretty disappointing meal.

1 Thank woozel
Holmdel, NJ
“Doesn't disappoint!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Once again Miss Lucy's was a long awaited delightful dining experience. We were up for the HITS horse show, and like every year, we make a point to eat at Miss Lucy's. This time my husband came along so I was hoping it would be as wonderful as in the past. Well.. there were 12 of us, and we ate through the menu. From fresh salads with ingredients procured from local farms, calamari fried to perfection, to a chilled tomatillo soup. We then had succulant scallops, amazing ribeyes, homemade pepperdelle pasta,and incredible pan-seared duck. Then the desserts... Bluberry peach and strawberry rhubarb cobblers loaded with fresh fruit, exquisite vanilla buttermilk panna cotta with raspberry Clace, smores cake.. the list goes on. There were also great local beers on tap and some wonderful cocktails including a good old fashioned and a rhubarb fizz. The only drawback was a bit absent minded waitress and very slow to arrive drinks. (perhaps they were understaffed) Everything is prepared artfully and with perfection. Fun casual atmosphere in a great little town. Not to be missed!

• Visited August 2012