“An unbelievably fabulous find off I-87”

Miss Lucy's Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Providence, New Jersey
“An unbelievably fabulous find off I-87”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you are driving on the New York Thruway and you want a meal that will knock your socks off, look no further than Miss Lucy's Kitchen in Saugerties, NY. My sister and I were traveling back from Lake George with our kids (five, between the two of us) and we were all hungry for lunch around 2 pm. We saw the exit for Saugerties and decided to go there, rather than the ubiquitous rest stop fast food joints. Are we ever glad we did! This is a five star restaurant, but totally comfortable and casual, with reasonable prices. All local and organic food, lovingly prepared. The staff takes great pride in the food. Plus, they have a good menu for kids, as well. We had endive and blue cheese salads, my sister had a delicious cocktail that was an upmarket twist on a cosmopolitan. I had a reuben with house made pastrami. The fries were elegant and perfectly cooked. My sister had a clam strip po' boy with shatteringly crisp clams. For dessert we split a apricot butter tart with nougat ice cream and also an ice box cake with a bruleed marshmallow on top. You just can't get better than this restaurant. If it were in NYC it would be a huge hit, even with all the competition. So to find it in a sleepy little town like Saugerties was just amazing. I would drive 100 miles to experience this food again.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank JenEndyB

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Outstanding food, funky atmosphere”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a find in a sleepy little town! We read Trip Advisor reviews on this fantastic restaurant and they were spot on accurate! Old-fashioned aprons adorn the walls and windows and you feel as though you are sitting in Lucy's kitchen, for great food and conversation. Service was very attentive, the menu changes daily, and the place was packed! Locovores will love the fact that all ingredients come from local farms. Don't miss their handmade cocktails and the dessert was to die for! My mouth is watering as I recall one of the best desserts I ever had - apricot brown butter tarte with homemade honey noughat ice cream! OMG Worth the drive from wherever you are!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank MichL
Nassau, New York
“Fresh local fare....”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

A meal at Miss Lucy's Kitchen is always excellent, ingredients are fresh and locally grown.....a must is the duck confit spring rolls!

Visited July 2012
New York, New York, United States
“delicious”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Great spot! Lavender blackberry ice cream will not be easily forgotten.

Visited July 2012
ny,ny
“Miss Lucy's Nice Place”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Nice Atmosphere in this family run restuarant, Been there a number of times and the food is always good with great service at a reasonable price. I'll go back

Visited April 2012