“Vegan sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Yes I know: vegan sushi may sound weird but it is FABULOUS!!!! They have rolls with avocado, fried sweet potato , peanuts.....all good stuff !! We have just discovered this gem and highly recommend it ! The staff are all very kind and it is an enjoyable experience overall. It isn't manhattan so don't expect it. We love saugerties and its little sushi joint !!! Go Sayers!!

There are newer reviews for Tomo Sushi

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Famished from driving from Vermont I stopped in the foreign town of saugerties looking for Sushi. I didn't expect too much but was pleasantly surprised. I was the only one dining during my stay so I was a bit apprehensive. I have no complaints the staff were friendly and promptly took my order. The pricing is average, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. It wasn't the best sushi I've eaten but it was good and worth the drive out of the way and the money spent.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Decor nothing great - a bit dated but quite good sushi and friendly nice staff. I would eat there again for sure

Reviewed May 28, 2013

In a bland shopping centre off the NY thruway in Saugherties is a friendly Japanese restaurant serving delicious sushi. My seven year old granddaughter wanted the family to try it ,, had been there before --and who could refuse her. What a welcome surprise. There are new owners --have the place for about hald a year and the food was oustanding. i recommend the Lobster roll and anything else that appeals to you. If they keep up the quality its quite a find.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I haven't been in Tomo like ages,and i was surfing the net "visiting "the best sushi places in the world. And i was stunned because Tomo was rated with 2 stars.
I remember they had the best baby toro i have eaten ,even the pieces were little but still tasty,the sashimi was great,the only annoying aspect was the line front of the restaurant,and of course i couldn't pay only with AMEX.
But still...the best!