“Could be better..”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Woodstock, New York
“Could be better..”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The food is good and if you can ignore the smell of old and musty carpet I would have enjoyed my meal. It seems a new carpet or even hardwood floors is a small price to pay when this would make it a more pleasant dining experience and attract more customers. Upgrade please. No one wants to have the smell of an old, musty restaurant.

1 Thank DEBDEV

NY, NY
“Old fashion Italian food in old fashion setting”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was driving on 87 and got off an exist to find somewhere for dinner and stumbled onto this place.

The food was good, we had the stuffed mushrooms appetizer (they were good) , the Chicken Pizzaiola (very yummy) and the Shrimp scampi (shrimp were cooked well, but the sauce was a bit sweet, which was weird for a scampi). The bread pudding we had for desert was also good.

The entrees came with a salad with a very nice house dressing, and a bowl of penne with a marinara sauce as well, so there was plenty of food. The pasta was cooked well.

We were there Sunday night in Feb and the place only had 1 other table. The service was great and very attentive. Maybe its because it was not busy, but there are other places where on a slow night you get bad service.

Overall we were happy with our experience since we did not want to eat fast food on the thoughway rest areas.

1 Thank ihod
Catskill, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Claudia M”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This place was awesome great service great food and great cocktails!!!!Plan on going back ASAP!!
I highly recommend going here I live in catskill and it is worth the trip.Everything was on point.

1 Thank Claudia M
Clifton Park, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I live in Clifton Park NY (~1.5 hours away from Saugerties) and stumbled upon this restaurant years ago by chance passing though on my way back from the city. Now I travel to eat here at least once a month. The atmosphere is superb--perfect for dates, family outings, or even business dinners. It's a small, family owned business. Everyone there has always been welcoming and the service is top notch. Food is always great. The chicken cordon bleu is to die for! The chef is very talented!! Not to mention I've seen Jimmy Fallon there a number of times!

My suggestion: try this place out! It's a jewel in this ever increasing world of chain restaurants and crappy diners

1 Thank mattt9898
Saugerties
“Don't eat here when it's crowded!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This restaurant is really nothing spectacular; we've lived here all our lives and it's really just average at best. It's a small (claustrophobic) dining room and with average Italian food and sketchy service when busy, it's not worth the price of $24 plus entrees that don't arrive after waiting for them for an hour and a half! We will never eat there again and we were good customers until we had reservations and weren't seated for a whole half hour after being promised prompt seating. We then waited another 20 minutes for drinks and another 20 minutes for our appetizer and dinner order taken. Other people were seated after us and had food in front of them before our order was taken. The owner's wife then proceeded to have a long and loud conversation with a diner at the next table which procluded me from having any conversation with my wife at my table that she could hear. I then requested to be seated at the bar for our entrees and after another 20 minutes, we decided that one and a half hours of waiting for our entrees was too long. We think we were treated shabily and we are good customers! We ate here at least 7- 12 times a year, but somehow, when we brought our concerns to the owner, he thought that a one and a half hour wait for our entrees was acceptable. I think most restaurant owners would rather have had people eaten their entrees by one and a half hours rather than not having them served yet. We cancelled our entrees and paid for the appetizers and drinks because of the owners insensitive attitude and we will never eat there again after being good customers; (appetizers, entrees, desserts, 4+ drinks) for decades. Somehow we were lost in the shuffle of Valentines day and nobody made an effort to give us good service or respond to our requests for a better dining experience. Owner could have been nicer and more understanding, but decided that one and a half hours without our entrees served was acceptable and therefore we must just be frivolous and complaining for nothing - so be it! I have better dining in mind for my $150 worth than this over-rated, over-crowded (because it's small), really not that great, over-priced sham of a restaurant. This review is the least I can do after our terrible Valentines day treatment at the hands of an owner that should have just turned us away (even with reservations) rather than make us wait as long as we did for the entree that wouldn't arrive after an hour and thirty five minutes.

1 Thank 575JamesC