“A truly excellent experience”

Emiliani Ristorante
Ranked #22 of 74 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“A truly excellent experience”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived at Emiliani's tired and discouraged after a very long journey and having to change hotels at the last minute. We were hungry, and I was not too sure if they could help us, because I have allergies and the menu says 'no substitutions'. However, I needn't have worried.

I'm pretty sure it was the proprietor himself who served us, and he simply could not have been more helpful. By the time we left, we had had a conversation in Italian (he was extremely kind about my level of competence and my accent) and felt as if we'd made a friend.

The food was superb and plentiful. The chef made me a variant of lemon chicken which was absolutely delicious and served me for breakfast the next day, too!

Authentic and genuine Italian cuisine with caring and very friendly hosts. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant. I'd certainly go back if we were in the area again!

• Visited October 2012

NY
“Great food and comfortable atmosophere”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Following the reviews here we decided to have dinner at Emiliani's. We are happy we did. The food was wonderful. We started with calamari and bruchetta which was tasty. At our table we had chicken parm, mushroom ravioli, chicken masala and chicken fingers for he kids. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The batter on the chicken fingers was light as was the breading on the parm. Very tender and tasty. Dessert was a sample plate and a tartufo both of which were also well received. I prefer a sweeter dessert and these were a little less sweet but still very good.

The service was attentive without smothering. The atmosphere was refined casual so I would have felt out of place in shorts and a t-shirt but felt fine in shorts and a polo. Khakis and a button down are fine as would be clean jeans with a polo.

I would definitely visit again and plan to in the near future. We have a new "go to" in Saugerties.

1 Thank bcdals
Southwest Harbor, Maine
“Like this restaurant!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were in Emiliani Ristorante at early dinner- at 5P.M
Service was very good. we had ravioli , veal,pumpkin pie. everything was very good! thanks a lot

Visited September 2012
Wethersfield, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in town!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have been dining at Emiliani's for many years, and it is by far my favorite restaurant in town. I love the service, the cocktails, and the food! I am always greeted with a warm smile and greeting and feel so welcomed there. I have had many dinners there, and the food and service always go beyond my expectations. I highly recommend Emiliani's for a wonderful dinner out with friends and family.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Liz T
“By far our favorite Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is by far our favorite Italian restaurant! The staff is attentive, friendly and always have great recommendations. The food, oh my God, delicious! My favorites are the veal marsala and anything with their vodka sauce (creamy deliciousness) or their bolognese (sp?) sauce. My son is a huge fan, once a picky eater, he has tried many great things and loves all of them, especially their lemon chicken or his new favorite, fettuccine alfredo with chicken, plus he would knock you down for the calamari. My husband would tell you his recommendation would be the linguine in clam sauce, order the extra bread for that!
Listen to the locals, they will direct you there, it's easy to find, such a treat. Relax at the bar, unwind and enjoy!

• Visited August 2012