“Dining room needs refurbishing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Land & Sea Grill & Steak House
Ranked #10 of 73 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Woodstock, New York
“Dining room needs refurbishing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food is good and if you can ignore the smell of old and musty carpet I would have enjoyed my meal. It seems a new carpet or even hardwood floors is a small price to pay when this would make it a more pleasant dining experience and attract more customers. What a shame.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

New York, New York, United States
“Inedible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I went here to eat the other night and we walked out. We knew from the moment we walked in it wasn't going to be good but decor aside, we gave it a try not wanting to jump the gun on forming an opinion until we tried the food. First things first, our waiter came over with two pieces of raw steak I think to show us what we were going to be eating and they were beautiful but I thought it was odd before even giving us menus or bread.
There was only 1 other table that was occupied and the service was still slow. There was no sense of urgency to wait on us at all.
We ordered a shrimp cocktail to share which seemed to be frozen shrimp. It was flavorless, tough and stringy and served in an ocean of cocktail sauce.
I ordered the filet mignon medium rare which was cooked almost well done and was not even close to the quality of the chop we were shown when we sat down. It was tough, chewy, and a low quality of meat.
My boyfriend got the lobster mac and cheese and it was so salty that was literally inedible. I can't imagine what the lobster tasted like nor do I want to.
We told our waiter that the food was not good and paid our check of about $100.00 (the prices are high and if the food was good it would've been worth it) and left.
We didn't leave a tip and as we were getting in the car the waiter came out and told us we shorted him $20 bucks on the bill.
We were almost positive we gave him the total amount but he insisted we didn't. I don't know if he was angry we didn't like the food or we actually miscounted our money but after some arguing we just gave him the money and left.
Aside from the sub par service The Land and Sea Grill's food was really bad. It's expensive and not worth it in the least. I am really surprised by the other reviews on this site because I am sure that it isn't just me. The food here is horrible and I will never go back.

• Visited February 2013
6 Thank Simone S
Melville, New York
“a little over priced and decent food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Food was not as good as I hoped, a little on the salty side.The staff was nice and were nice enough to squeeze us in without a reservation (they were booked). It was a bit pricey for the quality also. THe decor was super dated but clean

Visited December 2012
1 Thank hdogiakis
Merrick, New York
“Amazing food & amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I absolutely love this resturant. I had the lobster tails, they were excellent! My boyfriend ordered a steak which was also great. For the quality the food is fairly priced. Service is great, even the bread is great! I highly reccomend this resturant!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BMCBNY
Atlanta, Georgia
“Neat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I really thought this place was very unique. The best part of my experience was the customer service. The food was good but, the service was exceptional and the prices were reasonable as well.

Visited November 2012