“NICE DINNER BEFORE SHOW AT THE BARN”
Review of The Red Onion

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glasco Turnpike
Reviewed May 7, 2019

This place is about 2 miles away from Levon Helm's Barn. It's an older house from the 1800's. From what I can tell, the menu changes daily. I rarely have a tough time making a decision on what to choose for dinner but this menu gave me a handful of selections I would have liked. The place is a bit upscale, excellent service. In fact, our waiter (I wish I noted his name) was possibly the best waiter I've had in 20 years. He is a younger guy in his 20's I would guess. Very friendly but not obnoxious. Service was on point. He checked back after everything he delivered to the table to make sure we were happy. No one does that!
All in all, very impressed with this restaurant. Not cheap but you get what you pay for and I will be back next time in the neighborhood.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

A really great place to est. Great food, excellent service and wonderful food. What more can you ask for? You will never be disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

The Red Onion came very highly recommended by the Owners of The Villa at Saugerties where we were guests. It’s a quaint farmhouse with lovely rustic ambiance and wonderful food!! Reservations on a weekend seem to be a must.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 9, 2019 via mobile

After passing this place on numerous occasions we stopped last Friday and were we pleased we did. Every course was delicious and prepared beautifully. Too much to list but grilled octopus and calamari (not fried) apps we're both excellent as were our entrees. Service was professional and attentive. My only complaint, the wine list was pricey.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

Quaint, cozy, charming and very welled received. It’s ambience, consistent delivery and perfect presentations has won us over. The food is delicious, supported by a smart chef, with specials changing daily. Signature cocktails, great wait staff and service, makes this a winner. Don’t miss it. Reservations a
must. .