“Loved the Food, but....”
Review of The Red Onion

The Red Onion
Reserve with OpenTable
The Red Onion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Glasco Turnpike
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I am traveling solo for about 3 weeks in the area. I eat out a lot of nights. Anyway, I loved my dinner and my server at Red Onion. I felt a little disappointed by the way I was handled as a solo diner by the host. He stuck me in the middle of the room. I figured it was the only table, so I didn't complain, since I did not have a reservation....he had two other two tops available that stayed empty for the duration of my meal....and when I checked in it felt like they were not into solo diners taking a whole table...I might be wrong. But, I loved my dinner, the bread, the salad, the ceviche was over the top. I would recommend, but if you are traveling solo and you prefer to sit in the corner to people watch or whatever, be sure to let them know.

Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Heard great things about the place and was not disappointed. The smoked trout appetizer was to die for. Lovely welcoming staff. I ate on the porch and loved it. Definitely coming back with friends so I can try more dishes.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Besides great ambiance the food and staff were wonderful.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Everything at this restaurant was wonderful. I had soup, salad, steak, and apple fritters. I haven't had such a delicious meal in a long time!!! The steak was perfect and so tender.
The waitress was incredibly friendly and accommodated every request from me and my friend.
The food is local and/or organic which only added to my pleasure.

1  Thank pattypooh
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Love this place. Great atmosphere and food. I'm hard pressed to find something I don't like about it. Everyone raves about the burgers here; I don't. I think everything else is stellar.