“A great place for food, music, art and entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Mezzaluna - CLOSED

Cafe Mezzaluna
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating
Saugerties, New York
“A great place for food, music, art and entertainment”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The food is always good, my husband particularly likes the snobochino. The people are very friendly and accommodating,

Visited May 2013

New York City, NY
“A lovely place located between Saugerties and Woodstock”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We have stopped in several times when making trips to Woodstock; usually for coffee and pastry. The coffee was excellent and the pastry very good. I am sure we will stop in again this summer.

The restaurant is fitted out as a gallery with original art. I would have liked to purchased some. Perhaps next time. Music nights are advertised also.

One slight disadvantage is that while driving on 212 you come across the place very quickly and, for me, unexpectedly. Stopping has to be done rapidly. Parking in front is limited.

• Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
“I beg to differ...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just read Linda T's review of 3/4. I too happened to be there on that day. Not only was the restaurant warm, but considering all the tables were occupied with the exception of one (it was music night), my order was expedited within a reasonable amount of time. It took no more than 15 minutes. The food was absolutely delicious, served by a very engaging waitress who recommended what I ate. There were four of us and we enjoyed tasting each other's meal which were all quite amazing. Mezzaluna is a very beautifully decorated artsy "gallery-type" restaurant with great ambiance. Mery the owner greets you personally with lots of warmth and then turns you over to her wonderful staff. I found the prices to be most affordable and appropriate for what you receive in return. I would definitely return to Mezzaluna on my next visit to Ulster county! BTW the music that evening was also quite entertaining as we sang along with the duo performing. Mezzaluna - what a treat!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Negra728
Bronx, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big City Taste, Small-Town Atmosphere= Perfection!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in the Saugerties/Woodstock area visiting family with my wife and in-laws, and while passing through the town of Saugerties, we saw the sign that said "Cafe Mezzaluna", and decided to stop in for dinner. We made the right choice! Being from NYC, I wasn't sure that I was going to experience authentic Latin cuisine in Upstate New York, but I was glad to have been proven wrong! I had the skirt steak with the chimichurri sauce and rice- excellent. Compliments to the chef!

Concerning prices, I thought they were very reasonable. My entree was approximately 13.99, for something that would easily have cost me over $20 in New York City.

They had live music playing with some talented musicians, which apparently is par for the course on a Saturday Night.

The food was so good, we came back the next morning for breakfast before we went home! I had the breakfast burrito- the real deal, not the fast food version!

What I will agree with the last reviewer about is the happiness of the employees. The proprietor, Mery, was warm and welcoming, and the rest of the staff happily made sure my family and I were taken care of throughout the night.

I don't venture to Upstate New York too often; but if I find my way back to Saugerties, Cafe Mezzaluna is now a must-stop for me.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JTB9712
Rochester, New York
“If you like eating in a cold restaurant in early march with slow service and small portions. This is it.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We had an overpriced breakfast with poor service. However all employees were happy and hugging some people as they arrived. It was cold Inside. The sign outside said " "park in back." But you could not use the back door Portions were small, prices were twice the average. Maybe we were there on an "off" Saturday it was expensive, cold with small portions

1 Thank Linda T