“Was so enthusiastic when I arrived however I left totally disappointed”

The Tavern at Diamond Mills
Ranked #21 of 78 Restaurants in Saugerties
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: Amtrak Train to Rhinecliff, NY. Metro North Train to Poughkeepsie, NY. Adirondack Trailways to Saugerties, Kingston or Woodstock.
Description: The Tavern at Diamond Mills offers a mouthwatering menu of world-class cuisine highlighting the best of the Hudson Valley, paired with high-quality meats, fish, house-made pastas, breads and pastries. The Tavern features local craft brews, hand-crafted cocktails using spirits from local distilleries, and the finest wines from New York State and around the world. Whether dining al fresco on the Grand Terrace overlooking the Esopus Falls or cozying up in a booth by the fire of the main dining room, The Tavern is the perfect place to meet friends, have a romantic dinner or grab a quick bite at the bar.
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Well i was Very very excited to try out their dinner menu. We were there are two other occasions with the family for the buffet that was also sadly a letdown. To be fair I said to myself let me try the dinner menu. I started with the carpaccio. Clearly it was premade and probably on the bottom of the stack the plate was quite chilled as it should be however the carpaccio was stuck to the plate from sitting there too long. Unfortunately it did not have much flavor. I continued with the lobster bisque. It was okay however a little bland. For my entrée I ordered the lobster risotto. To say the Risotto was undercooked is putting it lightly. However the lobster was both rare and overcooked so I'm not quite sure how they pulled that one off. The decor was adequate though I anticipated to be much nicer for a 15 million Dollar boutique hotel. The service was excellent. The waitress had done everything she possibly could to try to resurrect my ill feelings and she did a great job. They were very cordial and took off half of my bill however they should've paid me to eat it my food. I'm very sorry but in all factors to make a review one must be forthright and honest. I know the owner clearly has put his heart and soul into this lovely place however how he is not concentrated efficiently enough on the fine details of the food itself is beyond me. In all fairness I heard from other friends that the food sometimes it's quite good the problem is inconsistency. I actually once again was willing to try it for the holiday brunch however at $42 a person was absurd especially when they don't even have smoked salmon on the menu. It would be nice if they can get together the place overall is a great idea and a great addition to the lovely village.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews but was pleasantly surprised. When going to a nice restaurant and paying $20-30 per entree and $10/drink there is a level of service expected. The service was very attentive and professional (Thank you Hugo and others). We had the muscles which were a very good choice for an appetizer. There was a great combination of sweet and spice. Then for the main course we had the Fish and Chips which was a lot of food and included shrimp. We also chose the Gnocchi which was very good (tons of flavor). We decided to eat on the deck as the view was very unique. When we first walked in the bar was to the right and looked early 1900's classic. We would of spent time after dinner for a drink if we didn't have plans. Hopefully we will be in the area again. I would recommend The Tavern at Diamond Mills.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I dine here often with or without friends. The "First Friday" of each month is celebrated with a special menu as well as the regular menu and the food is always delicious. Then there is Happy Hour and I just discovered that they make the BEST virgin Mary drinks using their own mix. They are just fabulous and I cannot wait to order my next one. They are beautifully presented as is everything they serve. I personally find the food "head over heels" delicious. They celebrate certain holidays by offering an incredible buffet. The staff is extremely friendly and very professional. The atmosphere is very relaxing and peaceful. The dining area is spacious and the fireplace very comforting. Dining on the deck when weather permits enables one to enjoy the spectacular view of the waterfall with the bright red bridge behind it. At nightfall the waterfall is lite up! A treat in itself. If one is in a hurry, let the server know and you will be accommodated. All are welcome and making a reservation would be wise. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, happy hour, dinner and those buffets are all wonderful, See you there!

1  Thank Erica M
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I just my mother to The Tavern at Diamond Mills and it was lovely. We sat on the patio over looking a gorgeous waterfall. The staff are very attentive. The food is as good as I've had at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park. The brunch had an abundant variety of breakfast and lunch items.
It's an elegant and special place for celebrating a special occasion.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We enjoyed our meal here, don't get me wrong, and the people were nice enough, but they were really amateurs. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy, but we waited forever for everything. As far as I could tell, so did the few other tables in the place. Meanwhile, the food far outclassed the staff from start to finish. Duck, veal, desserts, starters: all top drawer. Maybe if the staff gets more experienced they'll measure up, but at the moment, they're not there yet.