“Fresh tasty and reasonably priced”

Main Street Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 79 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Telephone: 845-246-6222
Reviewed December 31, 2012

In heart of eclectic Saugerties this is a great comfy spot to stop for lunch or dinner. They serve up fresh Mexican food that is delicious. Salsa and Guacamole are fabulous. My favorite are the fish tacos while my boyfriend (quite the picky eater) said the hamburger was one of the best he ever had. Drinks are flowing and atmosphere and staff are warm and inviting. My only negative is that the exhaust over the open grill leaves place a little smoky so your clothes tend to take a little grill odor home. But i have to say a small price to pay for a great meal.

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Great place to relax and eat and have some cocktails!! Waitress Mia was also very polite! Good service !

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We happened upon this place looking for dinner in Saugerties on our way down the thruway, seeing the "southwest grill" on the front window while on Main St. It was just what we were looking for - a family friendly, affordable place with good food. The guacamole app was generous, and margaritas were on special for $4, Labor Day Monday. The entree fish tacos were tasty. We usually prefer grilled fish, but the battered cod here was fresh and crispy, not too heavy. The Mexican shrimp were fantastic, served with delicious plantains and some steamed broccoli, along with a nice flavorful sauce. The waitress warned it would be spicy, but I didn't think so. Our daughter's kids plate came out in a paper toy boat, which kept her busy while we finished our meals. We went with Mexican style choices, but they also offer more American fare like salads, sandwiches and burgers. We'll definately return.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Excellent, casual restaurant. The food is very good. Very friendly and capable staff. We eat here often.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We frequent this restaurant 4-5 times per year. We started back when the present owners took over and didn't have their liquor license yet. The food keeps getting better.
One of my concerns came during our most recent visit. I noted that the wait staff while plating the salads and chips frequently touch the food with their bare hands. This grosses me out as it is common for wait staff to clear tables, touch used napkins and silverware and do NOT wash their hands in between. Now I know this happens everywhere but seeing it makes the difference and all food prep is done out in the open here.
Like I said food is great and abundant. Weekend eves there are musicians that add to the total enjoyment.