“Nice place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Rip Van Winkle Campgrounds
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Went tent camping. Sites are nice and wooded. Stream is a lot of fun for the kids. Pool is just ok. Bass pond with paddle boats is just ok. General store was limited but prices were very reasonable. Free coffee was nice. Employees very nice. Overall would go back again

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mineola, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited rvw last summer.We have 2 children 10 and 5..The RVW campsite is very nice..It is clean and well attended..The staff and owners are very friendly..My wife lied to me and said no big dogs allowed..( we have a rotti)..So Rocky stayed home...To my suprise, they were very animal friendly..owners had a rotti on sight...So Rocky comes next trip..
We have been to most campgrounds in the catskills, Jellystone was also very nice..but RVW was great...Ive heard they fine for taking wood from the woods,we spend alot of time hunting for firewood and the kids love it..So if thats a real rule,,,ammend it...Pool was warm clean and alot of fun....playgrounds were very boring,,jellystone got that one beat..but stream on site,right behind our cabin was awsome..makes up for lack of playground..Lots of room ..Make sure you visit kaaterskill falls right on 23a..It is a short hike upmountain..The falls were the highlight of our trip...We went twice...Views were phinominal...

Room Tip: we had a cabin...clean..new a few ants...but river flows behind it making for awsome backdrop.visit...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank barettalee
Saugerties, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Great family run campground. Sites are nestled into the trees very nicely. Lots of privacy. Nice clean restrooms and showers. Very nice camp store with good selection of everything from rv parts to swim paraphernalia for children plus candy and snacks. Owners couldn't be nicer and grounds are maintained very well. Conveniently located close to many historical sites such as Franklin D Roosevelt's retreat in Hyde Park. Definitely recommend staying at this campground.

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Lawgirl40
Foxboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in late April. This is a great campground with a variety of sites that can handle the largest motor homes to the smallest pop-ups. We travel in a large motor home with car-in-tow. Location is fairly close to the new york state thruway, route-32, and Route-9w. W-E-S is conveniently located for easy hook-ups. Plenty of playgrounds and equipment, plus things to do for kids. Extremely kid friendly campground. I would recommend this location for families, travelers, etc. We will stay here again anytime while traveling through this area. Highly recommend this campground.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Neil M
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We travel in a 38 ft fifth wheel, not full timers but we go often. I called this campsite about 2 hours out and Brian helped me with the reservation. Not thinking we'd make it in before closing he left our info for us to pick up and when I asked about pets he said "absolutely". This alone had a hint of a positive nature. As expected, we drove in after dark, as I walked alone from truck I found a well lit office area and even music playing, the song "play me some mountain music" was going and it made me smile. I office in Atlanta but was raised on a farm, so my soul craves a simpler life and simple touches. Our information was easily located and our site was an easy pull thru, much appreciated. The next morning we took the pups and went exploring the campground. ***Please note it's roomy. We are coming into this area definately off season in addition of thru the week so there weren't activities which was perfect really. This camp site is great for a really nice long walk to exercise dogs if you do leave yours to go into town.

We also dealt with Brian's wife. Who will try to find any answer for you about the area if she doesn't already have it. Nice, nice welcoming nature to her. Love those gate cards to get in and out. You can show them thru the window and they work well. We drove into Woodstock for a organic breakfast at a veggie market on the far end of the main drag then off to drive & explore. Go see Mohonk, our sunset there provided the hottest pink it looked like volcanic lava, and I've watched sunsets in many, many places but this one was over-whelming.

**Great, roomy, woodsy campground with a sweet family heritage..rare and a pleasure to find!

Room Tip: This is not a RV park. It's woodsy, roomy and tons of room to take a walk. Brain & his wif...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BBelenchia
Latham, New York
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I wish I could give MORE than 4 stars because they truly deserve it. We stayed there October 4-5, 2013. We has some trouble with opening our slides on the RV. I walked up to the Office to see if someone in Service could help us out. 3 of the Workers walked back with me INSTANTLY to see if they could help. Then a few more showed up and then the Owner Brian showed (and I believe another owner too). I was on the Phone with Motor Home Company and Brian actually took the phone and spoke with the Technician. It was amazing that they spent so much time with us and actually fixed the problem. They went above and beyond and would not take a dime even when they went to the store and brought back a part that we needed. We have camped for many many years but this Facility went way past what we ever encountered at any other. PLUS the sites were huge and clean. The bathrooms were spotless and the Employees went beyond. See you in the Spring. Thank you AGAIN !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank maria S
southern maine
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband and I stopped to stay a couple night and ended up staying almost a week. We love it! What was the best part of my stay happened as we were checking out to leave. We had had a problem with electrical in our new trailer. I was telling my husband that the dealer told me it problem wasn't anything to worry about and just to keep an eye on it. The owners heard our conversation and asked if he could look at it. Come to find out, the problem would have caused a fire and they probably save our rv and butts! They had a busy day and took the time for strangers. I'm impressed with that and grateful. The camp sites are very large, wooded and easy to get into. Lots of shade complete this amazing campground. They are great people and I can recommend this campground highly. I will go out of my way to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ohcomeontoomuchstuff
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Comfort Inn Saugerties
Comfort Inn Saugerties
#3 of 6 in Saugerties
Pollace's Family Vacation Resort

Been to Rip Van Winkle Campgrounds? Share your experiences!