“Beautiful hotel with very attentive and friendly staff.”

Diamond Mills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Saugerties
McLean, Virginia
“Beautiful hotel with very attentive and friendly staff.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I took a spur of the moment road trip to the Hudson River Valley and were quite pleased to find this gem in the middle of a small town with one main street and not much more. The hotel is furnished like a Restoration Hardware catalogue, which I love, and was spotlessly clean. The rooms were like staying in a spa, so calm, with wonderfully comfortable beds and a large patio that overlooked the falls. I would highly recommend this as an overnight getaway for couples, and also suggest eating in the Tavern next door. Great food and good service.
We also appreciated the "wine and cheese" hour that was hosted in the Tavern, as well as the continental breakfast that was served, complete with "to-go" cups for my coffee.
The staff was plentiful and very polite and friendly at every step!

Room Tip: Our room, #304, had a large patio with a seating area of furniture and a coffee table. Our patio...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Goshen, NY
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I love this place. Rooms are lovely and comfortable and the flower & chocolate delivery in the evening is a nice touch. The noise from the waterfall is quite loud so you have to keep your door closed, but the view is great. The receptionists are friendly. Location gives you easy access to the "main drag" in Saugerties.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank hglahn
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

A nice view from our balcony was overshadowed by some of the worst service I have ever dealt with with. We were guests of a wedding that stayed in the hotel and we were constantly treated as if we were elementary kids. The bartender took it upon himself to cut people off from drinks without reason after a wedding reception, including the groom who had not had a drink prior to coming into the tavern. The desk clerk's would come outside to tell us to be quiet upon entering the hotel. The place has fines for bringing in outside alcoholic beverages. Everything was regulated and the staff seemed to be encouraged to treat guest like unruly children. I'm in my 30s and have never felt so belittled by a place that I am supposed to be a guest. I would suggest avoiding this place at all cost.

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank Beach_B4_Everything
tetney
Reviewed May 24, 2014

A beautiful room and bathroom with lovely products. There was a good selection of tea/coffee with fresh milk too. The view from the balcony was just perfect. there had been a rush at breakfast and the fruit and pastries had not been replenished - I was quite disappointed with the selection for the continental breakfast, it was not up to the standard of continental breakfasts n hotels of a similar standard.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank kayerich
Rochester, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The hotel looks great and they will certainly open the door for you. However if you have any interest in the view of falls you will have to settle for having ants in you room. My wife and I were told that it is " ant season" right now and they get in the room through the balcony and there is nothing the hotel can do. I'm sorry but ants should not be in a hotel room I don't care where it is. I got the feeling from the staff that they don 't understand how to take care guests, I felt as if my wife and I were to blame for the ants. Overall the entire stay should have felt more 5 star, not Motel 6.

Room Tip: Don't go for the balcony as my wife and I were told your room will get ants!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tyler C
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We booked a very reasonable rate on JetSetter so we spent a Saturday evening. The room was really nice, large and clean with a great view of the falls. Dinner at the tavern was good too. There is not much to do in Saugerties but a one night stay was perfect.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Happytravelinfamily
Bronx, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Wifi would not work in our room. IT guy was sent to help, admitted it didn't work, told us he was hired to fix this and other technical issues, but obviously has not fixed them yet. If you were thinking you could use your Verizon LTE signal think again, there is on LTE here, just 2 bars of weal 3G. God forbid you need to look at a spreadsheet or presentation, there is no way to download. When we asked to be moved to a different room with a better signal, the told us they were, "fully booked" and we couldn't change rooms. Oddly, there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot, and very few people at breakfast. It is my impression that they just couldn't be bothered. Also, if you were thinking about buying a few beers at the store and sticking them in the fridge, think again. There is a $250 fine for bringing out side liqour into the hotel. Business travelers, stear clear of this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Joshua R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingston-Ulster
Hotel Dylan
Hotel Dylan
#2 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Diamond Mills Hotel? Share your experiences!