$150
$126
$239
The Village Inn(Saugerties)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 1, 2016

We rang and booked a room, checkin was smooth and the clerk seemd friendly even came and opened the room and turned on the airconditioner. There was internet but it was too intermittant to be usefull.
No too expensive but the room was rather small so was the bed for two the aircon worked good albiet a bit noisy. I needed fly spray as there was a few flying insects that took a liking to me and followed me home.
The carpet use to belong to a pizza restaurant but it was in really good condition. The first thing that struck me for this type of motel was how clean it was. No big chips out of the bath or grungy people paw prints anywhere. One big cobweb but could only see that at a certain angle, apart from some odd clientelle probably i cluding me Was OK.

Good food across the road.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2015

This is a roach filled motel, they charge way to much for a little room that isn't even clean. Anywhere would be better than the Wenton motel. The owners are so rude, and don't clean well. Choose somewhere else, you will be sorry if you stay here.

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SamanthaK0901
Reviewed September 12, 2015

I stayed here because of the price and this hotels vicinity to my business meeting in the area. This motel may seem a little intimidating when you pull up, but you can be assured that the rooms are actually very well maintained. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a luxury motel, but the TV has satellite, the A/C worked, the beds were soft and the shower water was hot and good water pressure. If you want to save a few dollars this would not be the worst choice if you are travelling alone without children.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2015

Upon check in, I waited in the car and my partner took my credit card to register. Well, he wasn't even asked how many nights had we booked. The office manager automatically debited two nights. We had a confirmed booking for one night. Now, it was a holiday wkend and she then swiped my ccard again now for one night.told my partner I'd get a refund for the orig. two nights swiped, never gave him a receipt. We went 35 miles to see relatives after this and that check in was after driving 4 hours on the road. Upon getting to our relatives, he hands me the receipt for the room but no credit refund receipt and no original debit for the two nights receipt. Well my account was frozen for four days because of this. I got back there later on and the office mgr. looked at me as if knowing what she was doing and trying to get away with charging us for three nights. I was so angry. I demanded a receipt for both the debit and credit upon which she pretended to forget hmmmmm....Room clean, smelled good, ac fine, parking on premises, diner across the street, dunkin donuts across the street, gas station across the street, pizzeria across the way, subway, etc..deli very good location. Only WATCH UR CREDIT CARD UPON REGISTERING......

Room Tip: All beds are hard..
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank Veronica G
Reviewed June 17, 2015

I happened to read the terrible reviews after I had booked this motel for a long weekend. Unfortunately the weekend was close by and we couldn't find an alternative place so we were forced to stay here. The place isn't as bad as other reviewers are making it seem like. It is an ordinary motel with all the basic amenities. It is a family run business and the family running the motel was quite friendly and helpful. No issues with the service. We did not encounter any of the shady elements described in the other reviews during our stay here the entire long weekend. So no safety issues either. Location of the motel is conveniently close to the Saugerties town center and not too far from Kingston either. Wifi was good. Only grudge - they advertise free HBO but it wasn't working.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family