See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 17, 2015

I happened to read the terrible reviews after I had booked this motel for a long weekend. Unfortunately the weekend was close by and we couldn't find an alternative place so we were forced to stay here. The place isn't as bad as other reviewers are making it seem like. It is an ordinary motel with all the basic amenities. It is a family run business and the family running the motel was quite friendly and helpful. No issues with the service. We did not encounter any of the shady elements described in the other reviews during our stay here the entire long weekend. So no safety issues either. Location of the motel is conveniently close to the Saugerties town center and not too far from Kingston either. Wifi was good. Only grudge - they advertise free HBO but it wasn't working.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank Akshay B
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Disgusting! Don't stay here, we pulled in, went in the office and cancelled our reservation without even going into our room it was that bad. Prostitues in the parking lot, drug dealers at the front entrace and the lowest of life living there, the state of NY should shut this place down! Was very upsetting because there was something else going on in town and we wound up having to drive a 3 hr ride back home.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
11  Thank tootsshea
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

So I don't know where to begin. They charge $65 a day for a tiny out of date twin bedroom. I show up and couldn't get in the office for 10mins, sat there ringing a bell yes ringing a door bell to get into the office. Finally someone come to the door, no greeting no hello nothing. I ask for 1 night stay and she (a Chinese lady that you can hardly understand) says it's going to be $65 but on there website it says rooms starting at $30 but was then told and in exact words " no no no $30 for a couple hrs, like if you wanna bring your girlfriend here and get a room to do it" my jaw instantly dropped. So your telling me you rent your rooms out for people to have sex in *gross*. I finally agree to the $65 and she says "okay it's only for one person, no guests no gf or bf just you". I go into my room and the stench that I smelt when I opened the door could have knocked me off my feet. The carpet was certainly not vaccumed. The carpet on the floor must have come out of a pizza place or 90's intalian restaurant, had pizza and tomatoes on it. The bathroom was disgusting and didn't even wanna use the toilet. The freezer did not work. I try to go to sleep and realize there is no blanket just a sheet. I pull the sheet down and I no joke counted 16 very long gross hairs. And don't get me started on the neighbors..... Screaming an yelling at throwing things against the wall up until about 4am. Kids running all over the tiny parking lot running in and out if there room slamming the doors from 6am-1am. Just what ever you do stay away from this place. If you have to sleep in your car. There are much better places in saugerties to stay at like Diamond Mills Hotel And Tavern (4star hotel,lil pricey), Howard Johnson's and comfort in. STAY AWAY FROM THE WENTON ROACH MOTEL PLEASE

• Stayed: February 2014
17  Thank Heartstealer8290
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I can't say anything good or bad about room - it didn't even get to that point.

I booked a night at this hotel online using Hotels.com and agreed to the price of $77.00 per night.

with free cancellation up to 24 hours before check in date and agreement that my card will be charged upon arrival to the hotel.

It was kind of a surprise when I noticed my card charged $93.20 four days before my stay.

I immediately canceled my reservation because all that started to smell fishy. Two days later (still two days prior my originally planned stay) i noticed return of $83.20 to my credit card.

They are trying to cheat me off $10 even without checking into hotel!
what a nice way of doing business.

Stay away from these shysters as far as you can.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank IrinaK2542
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The owner was less than courteous. They tried to put us in 3 seperate rooms and did not want to give us our money back. Each room was dirtier than the next. The smell was the first issue, carpets are stained, and sheets and blankets full of hairs and stains. They do not speak english until they curse at you.

• Stayed: April 2013