“Good burgers”
Review of Dutch Ale House

Dutch Ale House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dutch Ale House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

W went there for lunch on a weekday and basically had the place to ourselves. The bartender was very nice and helpful and the food was pretty good. The vibe in the bar area is excellent but I wouldn't want to eat in the other room. They are known for their burgers but if you like the plain old burger with the usual lettuce, tomato and onion on it, it is good but not remarkable. The fries were really good as were the wings. I'd stay away from the onion rings, they are pretty commercial. In summary, a really good place to go for lunch in Saugerties but I wouldn't make a special trip to go there unless you like exotic burgers, which I understand are really god.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The wife and I had their veggie burger - it was amazing. Highly recommend it. Service was a bit slow - but then its not NYC.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great find! I had the Moody Blue burger (smoked blue cheese, carmelized onions and bacon) burger. It was to die for! The porter was amazing. Had to come back and buy a growler to enjoy that evening. The waitress and bartender were accommodating and outgoing. It was a really enjoyable lunch after exploring the area.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Having been enticed by the allure of an "ale house", 3 of my musical cohorts and I found this unpretentiously marked restaurant and ordered lunch.
The waitress was engaging, modestly dressed and courteous. She helped us choose our draft beer (of which the selections were a fair quantity) and we enjoyed what we chose.
The came the food. I chose the Roasted Veggie Sandwich accompanied by the Sweet Potato Fries. I have not had a better veggie sandwich or fries like that on my 56 years. I am a foodie, married an excellent cook, watch (way too many) cooking shows, have traveled to Italy (the world's food standard) and found that both of these items could not have been better.
The bread of the sandwich may have had garlic in the spread, the vegetables were roasted to perfection and were perfect in selection. The fries were lightly crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside.
My friends' comments went from "delicious" to "excellent" to "phenomenal" when asked by our waitress.
This place is 5 minutes from the NYS Thruway, so any of you who want a great stop between the Adirondacks and home (well south of Exit 20) then you must include a stop at the Dutch Ale House for a meal.
Unbelievable food, and so unassuming.

1  Thank Tmark9
Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I went on a Friday night which maybe wasn't the best idea. It was crowded and noisy. The food, however, was unusual and fabulous. Our waitress was very busy and the tables feel cramped in the bar area, but i still think I would find my way back on a slower evening. The food is that good. We had appetizers and dinner and it all tasted great!