“Wow! No ordinary bar food!”
Review of Dutch Ale House

Dutch Ale House
Ranked #6 of 78 Restaurants in Saugerties
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The place, a normal looking dark bar environment, kind of tight warm patrons, friendly atmosphere. The food, out of sight! Never have I seen or tasted bar food that was turned up a notch! I did not know 5 star bar food could exist. It does at the Dutch Ale House. I hade the blue cheese burger with the most potent and tastiest blue cheese I've ever had. The fries are the real reason I bought a burger. Truffle & Parmasaian fries. Amazing! Ketchup would destroy these fries. I highly recommend and would go back in a here in a flash! Kudos to the chefs and wait staff!

1  Thank testafoto

Reviewed June 26, 2013

John is absolutely awesome. Doesn't hurt that his food is top notch too! Very friendly, very welcoming.

The award winning wings, on the mark. The hanger steak sandwich, incredible and flavorful. Sweet potato fries were crispy which is hard to do.

His Dutch Colonial Wheat beer...delicious and refreshing. Being from the city, this was a treat!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a surprise! My husband and I stopped in there for a quick lunch and had an amazing meal. I had the grilled veggie pannini and he had the blue cheese burger. The flavors on the burger were multilayered. The veggies were plentiful and nicely seasoned on my pannini. Each bite of the juicy burger brought new taste sensations. It was the best burger he's ever eaten. The parmesan truffle, garlic french fries were outstandingl. Such fine cuisine for this little place. Actually tops with the food at the Culinary Institute's Apple Pie Bakery. Don't miss this place. It's worth the trip!

1  Thank Holly R
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I always try to visit a new place on an off day where maybe the best chef or servers are not working to get a "real" feel for how the place is ran. I went to the Dutch Ale house on a Tuesday afternoon and was not disappointed.

The atmoshere is two tonered. The main bar is very warm and cozy with dark wood and tons of character. The ajoining room is more public house with local artwork, dart board, pool table, and open seating. Great ambiance.

My server was super friendly, attentive, and made great suggestions. A++

I had the soup of the day, Crab and clam chowder manhattan style, and the mushroom and black bean quesodilla. They were both awesome.

Great local spot; I will definately return. Great job!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

After a long stop-and-go drive out of NYC, we were famished, exhausted, and in the mood for something low-key. Dutch Ale House was the perfect choice to wind-down from the week: juicy hamburgers with a great beer selection within walking distance from our hotel. Highly recommend