“Winter Wonderland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Renwick Clifton House
Ranked #5 of 16 Saugerties B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Coming from the South we dont get to see much snow. We arrived in Saugerties during a blizzard. Miriam and Eric greeted us with a much welcomed cup of house made hot chocolate. Waking up at The Renwick Clifton House, after a winter storm, is a spectacular sight. The trees were covered in a fresh blanket of snow and the Hudson River was peacefully still. We even saw a family of deer moving through the woods right from our bedroom window. The gas fireplaces in the library and parlor made for a toasty winter's night and breakfast was a hearty delight.

While the travel was rough our stay at The Renwick Clifton House made it all worth while.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 1, 2011

My husband have gone to the Renwick Clifton house several times now. It's like stepping back in time. Just beautiful! We love the breakfast, the view, the Mary Powell Room and even the owners! It's hard to get up and leave. Whenever we need a break from city life, we book a night or 2 at this B&B. I highly recommend. BTW the BEST scones you'll EVER have.

Mr and Mrs Roe

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chinita1177
Reviewed November 22, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Renwick Clifton house for our 1st anniversary and absolutely enjoyed every moment we were there. Usually I prefer other accomodations over B&Bs but this was Top Notch! Beautifully decorated, great hospitality, delicious food and very clean! The hosts were very attentive to my food allergies when it came to breakfast. We stayed in the Chancellor Livingston room which faces the rear of the house and grounds and was very comfortable. All rooms seemed to be beautifully appointed as we had the opportunity to peek into them since we arrived early. My husband and I spent some time in the cozy library reading and playing board games (they have a well-stocked supply of games and books for guest use). The location worked well for us, its very close to the town of Saugerties and short 10 minute drive to Woodstock. The hosts can recommend restaurants for you, and they also have a clip board with info on restaurants and things to do in the area (the restaurant Lucy's Kitchen was great). We are looking forward to going back when the weather is a bit warmer so that we can enjoy spending time on the deck in the rear of the house with the view of the river and a nice glass of wine!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcannizz
Reviewed November 14, 2010

What can I say that I haven't said before? This was our 3rd visit to the Renwick, so that surely is a compliment. This hidden gem in Saugerties is the spot for recharging batteries, relaxing, romance the most delicious breakfasts on earth.... No detail is too small or over-looked. Hosts Miriam and Eric make sure your stay is comfortable and will do whatever necessary to accomodate their guests and treat them as though they are family visiting their lovely home. As far as B&B's go, look no further, this will not dissapoint! We are already planning visit # 4 and we will be bringing friends along.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TalineLovesRoadtrips
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at the Renwick Clifton House Halloween weekend 2009 and again this year, 2010. My boyfriend and I happened upon it last year and enjoyed the room, hospitality, location and breakfast very much. The owners are helpful and friendly, and have done a beautiful job restoring this house.

There are some great hikes close by, including the Overlook Mountain trail, and great dining at Miss Lucy's kitchen in the village in Saugerties.

Both stays at the Renwick Clifton were perfect. I highly recommend booking a room!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kconn1234
Reviewed October 31, 2010

My wife and I decided to look for a B&B rather than a hotel for our trip to NY to attend a wedding. We usually do not stay at B&B's but this stay was simply amazing. We had not been away from our two daughters for quite some time and this was a truly romatic getaway that we both needed to just relax and unwind. The views from the balcony on the back of the house were absolutely breathtaking looking directly down on the Hudson River. Great place to start your day in the morning with your coffee and newspaper or end your evening with a nightcap next to one of the little heat lamps to provide some warmth.
The rooms are well appointed and spacious unlike what many B&B's have to offer. I have been an Executive Chef for over 15 years and the breakfast offered in the morning was incredible. Multiple courses and everything was amazingly fresh down to the fresh fruit garnished with whip cream, mint and powdered sugar were by far the freshest beries we had ever eaten!
The owners of the house were super friendly and offered any assistance needed and truly made us feel at home during our stay. My wife and I are Definitely returning for another trip next fall. The location to downtown is excellent as well for some wonderful shopping and walking this time of year.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyinJB
Reviewed September 13, 2010

My husband and I have stayed in several Saugerties area B&B's, as we have children that live in the area. What a find The Renwick Clifton House is for us. It is by far the best B&B in the area. The Hudson River views are amazing. The hosts were friendly and made us feel right at home. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the breakfasts are to die for! This will definitely be our home away from home when visiting our children in the future.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank victorianlady10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Diamond Mills Hotel
Courtyard Kingston
#4 of 10 in Kingston
Howard Johnson Inn Saugerties
Best Western Plus Kingston Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Renwick Clifton House? Share your experiences!