“B & B B-yound B-elief”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saugerties
Renwick Clifton House
Ranked #5 of 16 Saugerties B&B and Inns
SE PA
“B & B B-yound B-elief”
Reviewed August 11, 2009

After a recent weekend with innkeepers Miriam and Eric at the Renwick Clifton House, it's going to be hard to merely settle for a Four Seasons or a Ritz Carlton. Quite frankly, they have raised the bar on the B&B experience with their fabulous location (great Hudson view/ uber-hip town or Saugerties); their unobtrusive but kind demeanor; the over-the-top accomodations (the fabulous Mary Powell Room pictured on the website was even more delicious in person); and breakfasts to die for. I'm not normally a "morning person" or "breakfast person" but found myself bounding out of bed an an uncharacteristic hour just to experience their marvelous meal.
I found the RC House by cruising around TripAdvisor, and having benefited from TripAdvisor tips over many years, I now feel compelled to post my first review. I traveled to the area to visit my niece at Bard (working their Summerscape series) while knowing little about Hudson Valley acomodations. The Renwick Clifton House far exceeded my expectations in every way possible. We left after 2 nights to continue on to Mohonk Mountain House in New Paltz. Honestly, while the place had a certain amount of charm (along with miles of walking trails), my partner & I looked at each other and said, "Maybe we should have just stayed in Sacugerties." Nonetheless, we stuck it out at Mohonk, but Miriam & Eric, we're definitely coming back. Looking forward to our next visit --thanks for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ibnermd

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saugerties
Diamond Mills Hotel
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream
Catskill Mountain Lodge
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville

Been to Renwick Clifton House? Share your experiences!