All reviews state park historic hotel roosevelt spa mineral bath thanksgiving dinner arrange transportation historic feel delightful hotel small closet great spa open the window concert venue in town guest rooms c unit checking out beds were very comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

We stayed her for the District Conference. The accommodations are beautiful, our room was spacious, and breakfast was delicious. We were able to nap easily during the day and recharge. Two thoughts: if you go over to the spa, bring your bathrobe to relax in afterwards, the one elevator is not adequate for all the guests. Great updates.

Trip type: Traveled on business
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. In response to your two thoughts: the spa has beautiful robes, so I am uncertain why you did not use one of theirs? And, the one guest elevator is original to this 1935 hotel. It is not feasible to simply add another elevator. However, there has been some discussion about turning the service elevator into another guest elevator - this is no small feat, and given the enormous expense, other more pressing projects have taken precedence over this. I hope great memories will lead you back to The Gideon Putnam!

Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

I visited this hotel for a business conference. From the minute you check in until you check out, everyone is engaged to ensure your stay is what you expected and better. I spent 2 nights in this old historic hotel located on the grounds of the Saratoga National Park. A walk around and through the park is sure to delight you. The trails are all marked and well taken care of.
I ate all my meals in the hotel either at the conference or independently. Kudos to the chef for the varied menus of healthy nicely prepared food. There is a good and varied selection at all meals. The wine selection was affordable and provided a decent selection of red or white.
Added to this great stay was a trip to the Roosevelt Baths and Spa. This spa provided a soak in the natural mineral waters of Saratoga. I added a massage to the soak and was pleased to have a great experience.
I would highly recommend a stay at the delightful hotel.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 958kathleenc
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2019

Thank you for the high compliments! I am very happy to hear that you felt well taken care of by our staff, from start to finish. We hope you will find occasion to stay with us again.

Reviewed May 22, 2019 via mobile

We travel a lot in the US and mostly stay at resorts that offer spa and golf...this had to be one of my favorites. The room (504) was immense and had great furnishing. There were 2 comfortable chairs, lots of plugs, a closet area almost as big as some hotel rooms, full bath with a completely separate sink area too, new A/C in room - perfect. My only complaint is how low the toilet was, it really killed my old knees! Everything was clean and staff was friendly. Nice rockers to sit on in front and people watch. We had a nice light breakfast in the well decorated restaurant. We didn’t play golf, but it was right there and looked nice. We did visit the spa and that was awesome!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2019

Thank you for sharing your 'over the top' experience at The Gideon! I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time. We hope that great memories of your stay will lead you back to us soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

The Gideon Putnam is a historic hotel in a state park, so the surroundings are lovely and it's very quiet. It's also quite close (less than 2 miles) to the restaurants and sights of Saratoga. The staff was very helpful and friendly and rooms were clean and quiet and there was a Keurig in every room, which was nice because there is no free coffee in the lobby. The food served at our conference was really good -- much better than the usual hotel conference food. (I didn't eat in the restaurant) Everything was very fresh and tasty and the service staff were really wonderful. The hotel is a bit dated -- historic properties often struggle with this problem. They had added outlets at the desk which was much appreciated. My only quibble with my room was that I got one where the window looked out onto the hallway near the elevator, so I had to keep the blinds drawn all the time. Also, the linens were a bit on the skimpy side -- it was in the 30s outside and I had no blanket or comforter on the bed or in the closet. But the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom, while dated, was very clean. I dislike wall-mounted soap and shampoo dispensers because they tend to get grubby, but these were immaculate and I appreciate that they are more environmentally friendly, so that's on me. Oh, one other thing -- they ask you at check in if you would be willing to forego daily maid service in exchange for drink chits at the bar -- what a fab idea! Every hotel should do this!

Room tip: Make sure you ask for one that isn't near the elevator
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

What a great review. Thank you! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your conference, and your stay with us here at The Gideon. I hope you will find occasion to visit us again.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

Can't say enough about Bill and the rest of the Gideon Putnam staff for making our 5 year anniversary & my birthday celebration getaway one to remember. Our suite was impeccable; bed was comfortable, pillows were perfect, the living room area was spacious, and the bathroom was clean. Loved the complimentary breakfast each morning, the fitness center had everything I needed for a great workout, and being right in the park was a relaxing way to begin and end our day. The spa was also a short walk; the treatments I received were spectacular. We would not hesitate to return to The Gideon Putnam; next time with our baby! Thank you again!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Our job is to ensure that our guests have a great experience. I am very happy to hear you had a perfect getaway, from start to finish. Thank you very much for taking the time to share the details of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back!