1,282 results
All reviews state park mineral bath roosevelt spa porch suite historic hotel beautiful grounds walking trails old world charm shuttle service free shuttle in town off season gibson brunch baths conference stately
Reviewed March 23, 2017

This beautiful old building is comfortable and clean, set in the beautiful Saratoga Park. How can you go wrong. The rooms are quite, the TV's large and the closets are walk in. There are even iPads in the room.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2017

Thank you for your great review. To clarify - there are iPads in only a handful of rooms, as part of a test room-service program. The program did not gain traction, therefore, the iPads will be removed soon. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

Everyone is so polite and helpful. The staff was very accommodating and polite. I love the shuttle service to take you around town. My party went out for drinks at a local restaurant and it was nice to have the shuttle come pick us up. I love the free coffee in the business room and drank it next to the fire when it was 10 degrees outside. I enjoyed that experience very much since I'm from Florida.

Room Tip: If planning to share a room with more than 2 people, call to put your reservation and request the larger room in your price tier.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our staff and hotel. I am glad to hear you managed to stay cozy in the bitter cold! Hopefully your plans will lead you North to The Gideon Putnam again.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

Paid $70 for TWO PEOPLE for brunch. The line was insane, food was slim pickings and cold and most trays were empty. Couldn't even refill my coffee. Then they had the nerve to add a tip. I love the hotel, but this was absolutely ridiculous. Save your money and go to a local diner for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends

Your traveling companion wrote to us last week and shared the very same feedback. I am sorry we failed to provide you with the brunch experience that so many people have grown to love. I have sent a gift certificate - hopefully you will both return to The Gideon so that we may have another opportunity to better serve you.

Reviewed March 16, 2017

My company had a holiday party Dec 2016 and it was not very good between the service, the refilling of the food for our clients, we had room special of $99 a night and the rooms were so old and out dated with furniture, the bathroom was much less desirable. there was a party in the next room to ours, we complained several times to the front desk and management never did anything.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2017

December is the most popular time for holiday parties, therefore, if your group does not fill the entire hotel, there will likely be other parties going on. I am sorry you had to share the hotel with another group, and also that we failed to provide you with faster service. Hopefully your group contact shared this feedback with their sales contact at our hotel so that we may improve our service next year. Thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I stayed at this hotel for an event at the Hall of Springs this past weekend. This hotel was beautiful and the environment outside, speechless. The staff is so helpful / very inviting. and the rooms were spacious.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
DelawareNorthCos, General Manager at The Gideon Putnam, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

We thank you for choosing The Gideon Putnam, and trust you enjoyed your event! The hotel was alive with so much great energy this past weekend. We hope fond memories will lead you back to us again.