“Dark Rooms That Didn't Feel Really Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston
“Dark Rooms That Didn't Feel Really Clean”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2006

We stayed here on our Hilton points for a couple days in early September. The hotel location is fine an fairly close to the better parts of downtown Saratoga. Our room looked out over a parking lot...ho hum

My biggest complaint was that our room was very dark with only a small window on the (large) outside wall. I felt like I was in a cave all weekend. To make matters worse the room was poorly decorated and seemed outdated.

My high speed internet connection kept dropping all throughout the stay and the TV Cable was cut prior to our visit. We had to call the front desk to have them re-wire the tv in order to get cable.

For over $200 I think I'll try another hotel next time I'm in Saratoga...this one is simply not worth the cash.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank moemaynard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Washington DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2006

I have stayed in this hotel in the past and thought it was a very nice place. On my most recent trip upstate I was rather disgusted with almost my entire stay from the cleanliness to staff attitude but have to say the breakfast was one of the worst I have had and it was $12.00. I may check out other options in town next time.

Stayed January 2006
5 Thank travelinTimie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2006

Nice hotel comfortable rooms, clean & pleasant.

• Stayed January 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2005

We stayed here for my sister's wedding. When we came back from the wedding reception, our door was left open. Nothing was taken, but the cleaning staff didn't shut the door when they were done. The cleaning staff also made only one bed. It was like they left the room in the middle of cleaning it and forgot to come back. I mentioned something to the receptionist and I was advised it was the humidity. I told them they should have it fixed so it doesn't happen to someone else and have a loss. I was shrugged off. For $150 a night, I would have thought that they would have cared. There is no free continental breakfast, it costs $6.95 if you want it. I would suggest staying at the Roosevelt Inn if you are looking to stay in Saratoga. This place definitely didn't live up to other Hiltons I have stayed in.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2005

As an employee of a Hilton on Long Island, I must say the service was impeccable. A friendly staff greets you and pays attention to every detail. The Saratoga Hilton Garden Inn does a great job with their guests. Although it was a business trip, on my next trip with family to the area, I will definitely stay with them again. Good Job!!!

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2005

We spent a winter Saturday night at the Hilton Garden Inn. This is the off season for Saratoga Springs and so the place was only half full. We actually never saw any other guests in the hall or the elevator...nice! The staff was very friendly. The room was well appointed with comfy king sized bed and windows you could actually open. We were also able to control the heat and keep it comfortable. A mini-fridge and microwave added an extra plus to the convenience and quality of the room. Breakfast was quite good. You have the option to choose from a well-stocked breakfast bar with fresh baed goods, fruit, hot cereal etc. for about $5.00 or have a hot breakfast cooked to order for a few dollars more. The hotel is a short drive from the upscale downtown area. Lots of good restaurants and shops. It is even closer to the Saratoga Springs State Park which is historical, arty, and has walking paths. We would definitely go back...winter price was about $109.00 with our AAA discount. Great deal for that town.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Central MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2004

I went to Saratoga Springs with 3 friends in October 2004. We got a great rate for a room with 2 double beds and everything seemed very nice. The pool seemed ultra-chlorinated but was cozy and the area looked fine. It was great to have the microwave, fridge and coffeemaker in the room. We ate breakfast at their buffet restaurant and that was fine too. I would certainly return if I was going to be in the area.

• Stayed October 2004