“It's 4am and I'm here now. Obviously I'm not sleeping”

Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I'm traveling for my nephews graduation with a 1 year old and a 12 year old. I booked a non smoking room and was given a room on the second floor. The minute we got off the elevator I literally smelled trouble. Not only does it smell like someone has been smoking as recently as 5 minutes ago, but rather than clean carpets they've decided to stuff every outlet with a strong smelling glade plug in air freshener. The sheets smell like stale cigarette smoke too. I hate that my kids are presently sleeping here. It's 4am and my migraine prone head can't take it. I'm going to the desk first thing in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank cagiorda

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was on a business trip, and all the hotel amenities were there to make it easy... Including free WiFi which even very expensive hotels often charge for!The staff were friendly, warm and helpful and the room was comfortable, clean and quiet. Altogether a positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel whirrs with sharp front desk managers. They anticipate your needs and go out of their way to provide first class service. When seeking a Sunday New York Times late Sunday afternoon, the staff said they would look for one in town on their break. Forty five minutes later a local paper and Sunday NYT were delivered to our room. The staff is constantly busy with cleaning, restocking, and welcoming guests. The hotel is located just blocks from the well-developed "downtown" with many shops and excellent restaurants, including the Irish Times Pub and Uncommon Grounds Coffee and Bagel Shop.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CHTraveler2316
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was a beautiful, clean, quiet and very comfortable hotel! All the staff I came across were very out going, friendly and helpful!! I would have liked it if a breakfast buffet was included at no extra charge like most hotels we stay at but other than that I was very impressed with everything. Great job~ keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The service and friendliness of the staff was excellent but everything else just felt average. I have to point out the "adjustable beds" - don't work. Doesn't mean the beds aren't comfortable though. Can't say if breakfast was good or not because $11 seemed a little high so we didn't eat here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris b
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just returned to the UK and wanted to recommend this hotel. All the staff are very attentive, and will make your stay as comfortable as they can. From the moment you are greeted at the front desk, to the time spent cleaning your room daily, everyone wants your stay to be a memorable one. Well done, we enjoyed every minute of our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KeithandTrish
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I think I was greeted by one of the friendliest desk clerks I have come across since staying at a Kimpton in Philly! Seriously, she was nice, warm and personable. She didn't sound like she was reading from a script. I'm horrible at names so if I get her name wrong I apologize now-I'm going to say it was Pam. She did a wonderful job of making me feel welcome well all I felt like was a drowned rat. It was raining all day because of Tropical Storm Andrea. She had all of paper work already done, she gave me cookies and later when she saw me again she remembered my name. Hey, I felt loved by his hotel! Seriously though, my room was on the 4th floor. It was clean, had no weird smells. My bed was comfy and the towels were soft. This may not seem like a big deal but the TV had one of the clearest pictures I've had in any of the hotels I've been at within the last 4 months. As for noise, any one whose read my reviews knows that is one of the things I will talk about in any review. While my floor was not noisy, I will say the room could use better soundproofing between rooms and bathroom. Again, my bathroom issue is that I shouldn't be able to hear everything you do in the bathroom while I'm in another part of the room. There should be at least some muffled noise not hear everything but again, that is my pet peeve in hotel rooms. Between the rooms, I had a room that had the ability to open to an adjoining room. There was someone in the other room when I got back from dinner and I could hear her entire conversation so I turned on my tv to give her some privacy. As far as the hallway noise, it wasn't a busy weekend so far so I didn't experience anything out of the ordinary. I did get to try their restaurant since it wouldn't stop raining and I refused to get wet again. I had the chicken pesto sandwich and their fries which were very tasty and my husband said his fish and chips were also fresh and crisp not soggy. Overall a nice hotel and I really like the decoration of the lobby. It's open an airy and the colors were vivid and not overbearing.

Room Tip: I always like to stay in a room away from the elevator in case there are noise issues or poor soundp...