“Suberb service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oslo, Norway
“Suberb service”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Sorry, but here is a very late review of the hotel in question. I stayed there in early July. Booked a double room, and was quite happy with the size and decoration. But the hotel's biggest asset for me was the service given by the front office. It could not have been better.
They were especially helpful on the day of departure when our GPS broke down.
So if I am in the area in the future I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Jasonbretz, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments, even if it is a few months old. Our entire staff takes a lot of pride in providing excellent service and we are happy you remembered this about our hotel. We look forward to the next time you are in Saratoga Springs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Providence
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with a group of about 120 people/40 rooms. I was the person who handed the contacts with the hotel. My personal experience was tremendous. Rooms were very nice, well-decorated, and good sized. The lobby area was beautiful, there were a number of places for both adults and kids to hang out.
Group sales people went above and beyond to assist us, after discussions about the hotel restaurant (which is small), they put together a very nice buffet for us in one of their meeting rooms at a good price. The food, service, and hospitality were excellent on all accounts.
Breakfast the next morning in the lobby restaurant was very well done.
Surrounding area is very nice and the grounds outside the hotel are very well-kept.
Don't get up to the Saratoga area very often, but would definitely make it a point to stay here again when I did.

The only negative would be that a couple of rooms in our group had double rooms reserved and ended up with King rooms. They were "compensated" at check-in with a free bottle of wine/champagne and apologies, but obviously this was not an ideal situation. But this was the only negative we encountered,

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Jasonbretz, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Thank you for recently staying with us and for taking time to share your experience with others. Our entire staff takes a lot of pride in providing excellent guest service and it's very nice to hear that it made a difference in your stay. We look forward to your future stays with us.
Kingston, New York
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed on the 12th for a girl's shopping excursion. King Junior suite. When I made my reservation over the phone, I was told that I couldn't use my AAA because the reservation had already been completed but that I could use it when I checked in. Not so. I was told upon check in that if I used AAA the rate would actually be higher than what I was going to pay. Huh? $20 is $20 as far as I'm concerned.

Then when I went to make up the sofa bed, I unfolded the blanket only to discover that there were numerous slashes in it as well as black "pilling" all over it. The mattress was a joke - about 2-3" thick and filled with springs. This was around midnight and I was far too tired to deal with calling the front desk and waiting for a replacement so I slept on the unfolded couch with a sheet to keep me warm. I brought the blanket down to the front desk in the morning and Lauren (who was incredibly nice) was horrified by it and apologized. However, between the rate difference and the linens, I think some sort of courtesy should have been extended (perhaps a free breakfast for us which, contrary to other reviews, was NOT included with our room but was in fact $10.95).

And to top it all off, not only did I send an email to Hilton corporate to tell them about my experience but HGI in Saratoga sent me a survey to complete. I did and expressed my disappointment in the room, etc. but also made sure that they knew the front desk staff was great - have I heard from either one of them? Nope - and I'm a Hilton Honors member! Well maybe not for much longer...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Jasonbretz, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thank you for recently staying with I and I sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory stay you experienced during this visit. Our number one priority is that all of our guests enjoy their stay with us. If for some reason we fall short of these expectations I do want to know about it so we can correct any issues. As the GM I take our guests satisfaction personally, so I have recently started to include my personal cell phone number in our welcome letters and I encourage guests to call me if they encounter any issues during or after their stay.

I have contacted our Reservations Department to share your experience with them so that they quote the correct information when making future reservations. I sincerely apologize for the misinformation you were given but please be assured you had the best possible rate that was available for your dates of stay.

The condition of the blanket on the sofa sleeper is completely unacceptable and I will make sure to inspect all the blankets that are currently on our sofa sleeper’s and replace if necessary. I will also be sure to follow up with you through Hilton’s guest review site with additional information. Thanks again for staying with us and I hope you will continue to be a loyal Hilton Honors Member.

Jason
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I only stayed one night but it was delightful. Comfortable room and wonderful bed. breakfast came with the room and couldn't have ask for more.

Room Tip: close to everything
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This probably should be a zero. I would love to have experienced the night I reserved at the Hilton Garden Inn, but it didn't happen. Priceline guidelines state that a room only remains reserved after midnight if the client contacts the hotel and indicates that that will be the case. At approximately 8 PM on Friday night, November 4th, Carly, the desk clerk at the Hilton Garden Inn, was informed that I would be arriving after midnight Saturday. I was concerned that the room would be reassigned because of the late check-in, but was assured that it would not because I had already paid when I reserved through Priceline. I arrived at 1 AM to be told by the desk clerk, Anthony, that my room had been given away to a man who decided he needed to stay an extra night and because, "according to NYS law", they couldn't just put him out on the street. The paralegal instructors at my place of employment, who are practicing attorneys, were baffled by that assertion! The hotel did send me to another hotel, but I am still angry. Who wants to be hauling luggage from hotel to hotel at 1 AM? Apparently it was not illegal put me out on the street.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Bonnie H
Rochester
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Just back from a two night girlfriend getaway to Saratoga Springs at the Hilton Garden Inn. The property was easy to find, a mile from the heart of downtown, very clean and had very comfortable beds.

This property is not in walking distance at night to the downtown, so we took a cab for $6 from the property one night.

If you turn right out of the hotel, you will find Saratoga State Park which is worth a day of exploring the natural springs and grounds.

We visited to pool, jacuzzi and fitness room. All are very nice, similar to most HGI properties. If I remember correctly, 2 treadmills and 2 elipticals as well as a tower of free weights. The jacuzzi made for a very relaxing evening.

While the hotel breakfast was very good, I preferred our breakfast in town (there are many coffee shops and cafes to visit).

The staff was just about the friendliest I have ever encountered. I had only positive experiences at this hotel, and recommend it to anyone planning a visit to Saratoga.

Room Tip: Book in full in advance for the best price
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is well kept and the staff is incredibly helpful. They nearly bend over backwards to help you with everything from finding good local restaurants, entertainment and shopping to resolving any crisis that is within their reach to help resolve. The front desk personnel are incredible!

Room Tip: King beds are awesome!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business