“OK”

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Brooklyn, New York
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

We went for First Night event that happens dec 31st-there are festivities trough the city.Saratoga Hilton is conviniently located at the beginning of the strip,and even some concerts happen right there.Across the parking lot from Old Bryan Inn,really good restaurant.Parking was included even if website was saying 10$.Nice lobby,small pool and basic fitness center included.Clean room and good maid and front desk services.
Now not so good:room was smaller than I expected from Hilton.No refrigerator?!They brought one that seen better times when I asked,no extra charge,but again,not what I expected from Hilton.Half of the window is closed by built in armoire that contains heating/cooling unit.There is desk/table but only one chair,so if you going to snack in room..Fre WiFi not so fast (60 kb/s?)
In general,seems like they bought hotel from some cheaper chain.Everything fine,but not for Hilton.
Oh,and beware-pets allowed.They barking...sometimes.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

We had an enjoyable stay at the Hilton in the fall. I can understand how some reviewers would find the rooms dark, our room was decorated with deep chocolate colors and a bit on the small side.

I still don't understand why hotels go to so much trouble to renovate rooms but keep items such as the old switch plate covers. It seemed a bit tacky and kind of like they just didn't finish properly.

Overall though the beds were extremely comfortable, the bedding was nice and the front desk pleasant and helpful. We ended up getting food at Dennys (open 24hrs) because we arrived late and there was little available around the hotel. The exterior seemed to be well maintained and the public spaces were extremely clean. We didn't get a chance to use any other amenities but would stay here again with no hesitation.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed over the Thanksgiving holiday. The staff was friendly though they seemed distracted; mostly young post college folks at the front desk who did their job but no more. Took two calls to get towels (in a room for 4 people we constantly were left 3 towels). The website does NOT tell you their restaurant is closed indefinitely while they look for a new leasee. This was a big deal over a holiday weekend when many things were closed (and the ketchup we called down for from the front desk never did arrive when we got take out). No apologies were made about their misleading us. Free raisin bran from the gift shop hardly made up for it each morning.

The suite we had had nice furniture but they overstate the "renovated" rooms. the TV was was from 1980 at best and that was in their suite! Also, no jacuzzi which was a bit of a bummer, though the pool was well heated and nice (minus the ants that had populated the sides of the pool walkways). The weight room "recently renovated" featured 10 year old equipment at best though perhaps the room itself was recently painted and carpeted.

The price was very good and our stay was fine but little things keep this from being an excellent place, and not adjusting your website which can be done instantaneously these days seems as though it was done on purpose (regarding the restaurant).

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2010

I like staying at this hotel.
We stayed here midweek in a spacious balcony room; I enjoyed slipping outside for a bit of sun, brisk air and a look around.
The decor is sleek, calm and neutral with quality finishes and a bit of panache. A unified design is apparent in details like plumbing fixtures and lighting.
I appreciated having access to a good fitness room, and a decent pool as well.
During my visit, the restaurant was closed, but room service was available (lunch and dinner) from the adequate Bryant Inn next door, and the coffee\ gift shop offered convenience store type pastries and breakfast sandwiches. With many great breakfast options in close proximity to the hotel, this was not a big deal.
I walked everywhere from a perfectly convenient location.
There's always room for improvement, so I suppose the carpet could be newer, and a flat screen TV might be desired. My room did not have a fridge to keep goodies, but in my case, the balcony was a good substitute!
Service was brilliant. Management very accomodating; they allowed me a later check out, a great convenience for me.

• Stayed November 2010
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

The housekeeper Melissa Moshier did agood job. I asked her to let me in my room because I left my key .She asked to see my idedentifcation. I was very glad she DID. I was at another hotel. and they gave me a key to my friends room and never asked me for indentifacation , that bother me because I actually gave the wrong room number.
So i Was happy when Melissa asked for proper ID.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

Stayed here for one night en route to the US Open.
The location is perfect to enjoy Saratoga and the strip! Walking distance to everything.

Rooms are recently renovated with friendly staff too.

Would recommend this Hilton!

• Stayed September 2010
Chittenango, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

So, I'm not 100% sure why this property gets a bad rap on TripAdvisor. I've now stayed at all 3 Hilton properties in town. The Hampton, the Hilton Garden, and now the Saratoga Hilton.

Of all the properties, the Saratoga Hilton recognized by Diamond status the most. Free breakfast, free bottles of water, free upgrade to a suite, plus my bonus points, parking is free as a diamond member. As a hhonors member, I appreciate all of that.

The upgraded room was nice. New furniture, decent bed, bathroom, etc.

The wireless was a bit slow, but i've had MUCH slower at Hampton Inn's around the country. Honestly, its just fine.

The airconditioning isnt noisy and old like others have posted. Its the same window style unit that you'll see in every Hampton Inn across the country. It wasnt more or less noisy.

The desk and desk chair were "real" height, and if you travel for business as much as I do, you'll know what that means. A real workable desk.

The HGI in town is nice, but its a HGI. Nothing special.
The HI in town is new, and unique, not a cookie cutter Hampton.
This Hilton is very nice too. I wouldnt overlook it because of the ratings below. Take it from a 140 nights a year on the road Hilton guy. You'll think its satisfactory and nice, especially if you're a diamond hhonors member.

Stayed October 2010, traveled on business