“Will not return to this hotel.”

The Saratoga Hilton
Ranked #13 of 33 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Whitesboro
“Will not return to this hotel.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Were in town for family time which I barely ever get to do so this was much needed time away and I had high expectations since this hotel is right in the heart of Saratoga on the main strip of broadway. Very good location! The managers were very very friendly and helpful however the negatives outweighed the good at this hotel. The hotel overall was not very clean and I received conflciting informtion from several staff members including having to change room 3 times, once due to a bed bug found.I was told that it was not a bed bug but I compared the bug to pics online and it was an exact match. I confirmed an upgrade prior to arriving ( called twice) but upon arrival was not in the right room. Was upgraded but not the room I was told i would be in and that I had requested. The one very frustrating part of this was that the same woman I spoke to on the phone that told me I was all set ( Amanda) checked me in and acted like she never spoke to me previously. I wrote it all down and I talked to her twice. So I said yes I spoke to you dont you remember and she said no I never spoke to you. Wow ! I stay at Hiltons over 90 nights a year all over the US and this hotel is not up to hilton standards at all. Grime in bathrooms and very dusty in all areas of the hotel especially in the room. The hotel need a good cleaning as well as better vaccuuming. The counters were pretty dirty as well. The only plus here is the managers who did what they could to make it better but it just wasnt enough to change my view. There are several heaters around each room so temperature control is very difficult. It didnt help that the staff was snowblowing at 3 am in the parking lot which woke my entire family up and was shaking the building. Breakfast was also a hassle, was told my kids were included in the free breakfast for diamond members at check in but the next morning the very rude lady at the breakfast said no and embarrased my husband. The manger advised i was given wrong info again. As a diamond member you expect much more. The manager James went out of his way to get us into a room that would work for us after all our issues, kudos to him! Also John the morning manager assisted with the breakfast issue which eased the frustration. They are the glue holding this place together. But like I said too many bads to change our view. We have family in the saratoga area but will choose somewhere else to stay next time we return. :((

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Carla B,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey after your stay at the Saratoga Hilton. The feedback to you offer is reviewed, respected and utilized to ensure that we continously strive to offer nothing less than the best product and service for all our guests, now and in the future.

We place the safety and security of our guests as our top priority. Hilton takes the bed bud issue that has had so much media attention very seriously. The guest rooms are cleaned and inspected daily in accordance with all Hilton cleanliness standards. We train our team members to be extra vigilant for any signs of bed bug activity and we also contract with a pest control professional with a weekly inspection of the property. We had our pest control company check the room you stayed in and I am pleased to report that no bug activity was evident in the room.

I do apologize for any miscommunication on our end. Myself, and James, were happy to assist you during your stay, as were the rest of your staff. Hilton is happy to have you as Diamond members, and should you consider staying here again, we would like to make sure your next stay is wonderful.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Peekskill, New York
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had to stay here for a conference and wished for a better experience. The first room I was given was dark and depressing and the front door never closed properly. I was able to switch to a larger more comfortable room although the bathroom was super small. And as is with most hotel rooms, the walls are paper thin. The bed was very comfortable but the heat was difficult to adjust. Ir was either too hot or too cold. I could never achieve a happy medium. There was also a lot of street noise but leaving the fan on from the heat drowned out most of it.

Housekeeping was the pits. Soiled towels and linens were never taken or changed. And the bathroom was barely washed down if at all. However, the front desk was very, very helpful and patient with me. And Henry from the Springs restaurant was wonderful. He took excellent care of me. No complaints about the food, it was very tasty The gift shop also made an excellent cup of hot chocolate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on Broadway side. Lots of traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Andyh07,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TA. We here at the Saratoga Hilton take each review seriously for follow up and review, so your feedback can be used to help make all our guests stays better.

We strive to provide you with best experience and product possible through gracious service and attention to detail. I truly apologize if we somehow overlooked this aspect during your stay, but be assured that we are following up on your review.

We do look forward to seeing you again here at Hilton and we will continue to provide you with best experience we can offer.

Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed at the Saratoga Hilton for Chowderfest the first weekend of February, 2013. The rooms were clean, the staff was great, the pool was nice and warm and we loved it. We have been staying there for 3 years in a row for Chowderfest and look forward to coming back next year!

Room Tip: Convenient for walking to restaurants, shopping, and all that Downtown Saratoga has to offer.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Conehead100,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TA! We're glad to see you had so much fun at Chowder Fest 2013!!

Even though you are just down the road, I hope when you decide to make more trips north for a weekend, you'll keep us in mind and stay with us some more!! Stop by the desk to say 'Hi!'

Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The room rate at the Saratoga Hilton was $85. This was an organic farming conference, and the hotel cooperated with the organization to offer organic foods for the meals. Thank you.

Apparently I need 200 characters to submit this review. Enough said about the Saratoga Hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
20Traveler,

Thank you for the very candid review on TA!! I'm so glad that you, and many others that were here for the conference, stepped forward and let us know they enjoyed there stay.

Fortunately, my responses do not have to be 200 characters long, but we look forward to seeing you next year! Stop by and say hi!

Willsboro, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Right off the Northway and very easy to get to. I stayed for 3 nights. Room was very nice and comfortable. Good WiFi connection. For the conference, I thought the Hilton did a great job and had plenty of room to accomodate all the organic farmers and gardeners, etc...

1 Thank Dan R
john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dan R,

Thank you so much for the great review on TA! Hilton was happy to have you back in 2013 and looking forward to your return in 2014!!

I'm happy to see that you enjoyed the conference, the hotel, and some of the amenities that come along with staying here. I hope that you can come back for another visit before next years conference.

Panama, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed at the Saratoga Hilton while my husband was at the NYSAPS Land Surveyor Conference in January. We had a great stay, the staff was friendly and we had great service in the bar. The bartender, Danielle was extremely nice and friendly. The bed was so comfortable!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Signature Suite, with lots of room with couch, chairs and a wet bar with fridge.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
john f, Front Office Manager at The Saratoga Hilton, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
earrings 76,

WOW! What a great review, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write it!

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay during the conference. Our staff really gears up at the beginning of the year for conferences like this, and they always are ready to have conversations and do what it takes to make your stay more enjoyable.

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Danielle, our bartender from The Springs. I have already passed along the review to her and she was so happy that she made a difference in your stay.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Rochester, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2013

A very nice place to stay when in Saratoga and in a convenient location. A pleasant staff with Hilton quality rooms. When I have buisness in Albany I choose to stay here and make the drive down, it is worth the drive. Saratoga is a much better change of pace and this hotels location allows me to take in what the town has to offer.

Jeff W,

Thank you for writing a great response on TA! I'm so happy that you enjoyed our rooms here at Hilton, but also the spectacular staff that try to go out of there way to make your stay more enjoyable!!

Sarataoga is such a fun town, and like you, many people come to enjoy it for all that it has to offer. You're right, the "pace" is a little different here, and we're glad you choose to stay with us.

Come by and say 'Hi' next time you visit. I'd be glad to meet you.