“Impressed.”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn two years ago and back then the property needed a little pick-me-up. This time it was obvious that renovations had been done and the hotel is really nice. The "king leisure" room is very large with nice furniture and amenities. The TV is great and the bedside tables were nice. So often you only get one bedside table and this room had two. The bed was comfy, but it was time for a new mattress; it was sloping a little. Everything else was great except for the weak water pressure. I'd be more than happy to stay there again, especially because the location is excellent and you can walk to all the stores, restaurants, and galleries in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to hear you had trouble with your mattress. I will have our housekeeping department look into the issue. Otherwise it seems you enjoyed your stay and it is great to hear. Hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We held a business event here over a couple of days (2nd time), and I have yet to be disappointed!

The meeting space was perfect - clean, spacious - and whenever we needed a temperature adjustment, it was no problem. Once again, Julie and Tony made arrangements as easy, pleasant, and stress-free as possible, which is particularly appreciated when planning a relatively large event.

My room was clean and comfortable; I love that they offer both soft and firm pillows.

Our group really enjoyed the lunch & breakfast buffet selection; the rolls were great, the roasted potatoes were tasty and the green beans were "real" - not canned!

The fire pit was a big hit once again, and they have shuttle buses to take guests into town, which is great for group events like these, and it's an ideal location right in town. Great stay!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that your conference went exactly as planned. I will be sharing your comments with Tony,Julie and the rest of the staff. Hope to see you at your conference next year.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

The Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs is a clean hotel in a great location with a friendly staff. It has a very nice bar/restaurant, Bookmakers, with an outdoor patio and fire pit. The breakfast buffet was fairly good and reasonably priced. There's plenty to do within walking distance, from the National Museum of Dance to the shopping on Broadway to the park next door to the bars and restaurants on Caroline Street.

The lobby area is relatively new, but the hallways and rooms could use an update. The wallpaper, carpet and light fixtures give off a "grandma's living room" kind of vibe. The walls and ceilings are paper thin; we could hear the shower water running in the room next to ours, and conversations from the people above came through the vent in the bathroom.

I'd stay here again because of the location and value, but it didn't blow me away.

Room Tip: A room far from the elevators and stairwells would probably be less noisy, as would one on the top f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry you experienced some noise issues. I will look into the cause for you. I am glad you were able to enjoy some time at Bookmakers lounge and our outdoor firepit. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Went onto the Holiday Inn website and booked a room in Saratoga Springs titled "Book early and save with Breakfast" Sounded like an OK deal. Not the biggest bargain at $200 for one night but I wanted to secure a room. As things happen I needed to cancel my reservation. This was OVER a MONTH in advance of the date. Was told my deposit was UNREFUNDABLE. I told them I paid for the room in total. They told me that WAS the DEPOSIT. The entire room rate with tax was what they considered the "Deposit". Also told that was how I got such a great rate! $200 for the night is not what I would call the bargain of the century. Long story short... I was told "No Cancellation allowed for you" Thats what I get for booking early.... paying the entire rate upfront... and trying to cancel a month in advance!! Spent an hour on the phone trying to get something... even a voucher i'll probably never use, just some sort of satisfaction. They told me to hold for a supervisor and what do you know.... disconnected. What an operation. Clearly all about making a buck over customer satisfaction. Actualy forget customer satisfaction, how about just doing the right thing....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael V
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the way your situation was handled. I would like the opportunity to speak to you in person regarding your concerns. Please feel free to reach me at 518-584-4550 Ext. 281

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Came back for a conference, new lobby area is very nice. Had a room near the housekeepers storage room, can be pretty noisy. Shower had warm water, not hot, disappointing. The bathroom is small but ok. I did hear voices from the vent in the bathroom, ( I'm not hearing things, the walls are thin) the staff is nice, the area is lovely. It's not a bad place to stay for a couple of days.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheri G
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your stay with us. I apologize that you experienced some problems during your time here. If you would like to speak to me further about your issues I can be reached at 518-584-4550 Ext. 281

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I organize a meeting every year in Saratoga Springs. We had 280 optometrists over a 3 day weekend and 38 exhibitors. The staff is superb. The Sales department arranged absolutely everything to go as planned. Tony set up the rooms and audio. PERFECT. Nothing was a problem and they fell over themselves making sure all went well. Connie and the sevrers put on a great lunch and made it very enjoyable. The hotel is a short walk from all that's in Saratoga. I highly recommend this hotel.
Dr Al Morier
Albany, NY

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel and staff. We enjoy hosting the Saratoga Eye Care conference each year and look forward to seeing you again. I will make sure that I share your great comments with our staff.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stay at this hotel 4-5 times a year. I come here because my dogs are welcome. But I would come without them still. The staff is excellent. i can't tell you how many times they've gone the extra mile for me, And, there is always something new and improved. This time I was handed a room key and was told I was the first guest in this renovated room. And was it nice! Spa like. I love this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy you were able to enjoy one of our newly appointed guest rooms. We are very proud of our very talented and knowledgeable staff. I will share your comments with them. Look forward to your return visits.