“Great Memorial Day Weekend Stay”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Great Memorial Day Weekend Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

What a great Memorial Day Weekend at the Holiday Inn, Saratoga Springs. We were fortunate enough to get room upgrades, which, given the rain, was not lost on us. Many thanks for that perk! The rooms permitted our group to hangout together in the same room (in the ample living room space). The staff was extremely friendly. The location is great, within walking distance to shops, restaurants, parks, and SPAC. The shuttle service is a very nice bonus, given the rain, and the drivers were friendly. The only problem, if we come back for a concert weekend again, I don't know how I could manage without the amazing upgraded room set up. Thanks for a most memorable experience in Saratoga Springs. I reserve only a 5 rating for top tier hotels, otherwise the Holiday Inn was the perfect stay for our Saratoga Springs stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I am glad to hear you and your friends had a great weekend with us. Thanks for your great review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Albany, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

The price was a little high for a pretty small room when the track wasn't in season (I can only imagine the prices during track season). But I guess it is Saratoga? Trying to call the front desk was a pain - and a few of the times I tried to call about a reservation and whether or not they had a suite available, I received a message about the phone line not being in service. The person who eventually answered the phone was also not the friendliest hotel staff I have encountered.

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn properties, and compared to other properties, the room and bathroom were significantly smaller, although the property was clean and each room has a mini fridge (which I appreciate). The elevator is in an incredibly inconvenient location which makes for some awkward interactions for people trying to get on/off. It was nice that the property had both indoor and outdoor pools, although the outdoor pool area was small and crowded. We noticed a cute outdoor fire pit upon walking in, but by the time we wanted to enjoy it (midnight) it was turned off. Bummer.

For $11, the breakfast buffet was good, and the staff working at breakfast were very attentive.

The best feature of the hotel was its location! Walking distance to nightlife on Caroline Street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear you had trouble reaching our front desk staff on the phone. It turns out that we did indeed have trouble with our phones and the problem has since been fixed. I will address your concerns about your staff interaction with the appropriate parties. We strive to give our guest the best possible experience and hope that you will consider coming back to Saratoga and the Holiday Inn.
Verona, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel consistently for the past 8 years. It only gets better! Every year there is a new and significant upgrade to some aspect of the facility. And the staff is always warm, welcoming and accommodating. One year I dropped my wallet in the parking lot only to have the hotel search for me to return it promptly. When I travel with my dogs, they are always equally accommodating. Best place to stay in Saratoga, hands down!

Room Tip: I've always stayed on the ground floor and have yet to encounter a room that hasn't been per...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am elated to hear your great comments about our upgrades and our staff. We never tire of hearing them. Looking forward to seeing you again, soon!
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went this past weekend, and had the opportunity to meet the previus pasters,puppy, JAX- He was adorable and very well behaved. I like seeing all the dogs walking around.
The hotel room was ready and I liked the way security was enforced ,since my husbandand i arrived earlier and they had to check photo ID and make a call to the room, that I was expected.
Decor was nice, indoors and out and i wished I had brought a bathing suit. The location is right on Broadway and within walking distance to everything.It blends with the atmosphere of the area and does not have a"chain motel" aura.The bar area had a special theme for the Preakness stakes with hot hors d'ouvers and cheese /crackers/drink special on the house.
Usually we go to Bead and Breakfast or Inns in the area and sometimes it's just nice to do your own thing, without the Innowners asking a million questions about how your day went or what did you do. There are common ares where you don't have to talk unless you want to.The price was very reasonable and if you are a priority member, you get extra bonuses which are nice. My husband aleways go to the car shows at the Sartoga Auto museum and I love to walk aron the town andpeople watch, shop and get a massage. There is Stewarts right next door for breakfast snacks, althought I since found out here was complimentary coffee.
Will stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean comfortable surroundings and friendly staff. Our location is the best in Saratoga. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Myself, my wife and special needs daughter brought our 12 week old puppy Jax on his first road trip to the great city of Saratoga Springs. Dan at the front desk went out of his way to ensure we were all welcome and comfortable with our accommodations. The cleanliness was impeccable, the entire staff was friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful dinner in the bar area with excellent service, something not expected from most hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MikefromBoston7457
Thanks Mike, for your great review of our hotel. We really enjoyed meeting your family and the little Jax, too!
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn with our malti-poo Sophie three times in the past 18 months and had a great time. I think they space the dogs on various floors and in various locations because we never heard any barking. Although a moment or two of dog barking would not have bothered me. Animals have emotions and voices, after all.

The rooms are very nice and clean. I love an indoor swimming pool and will by all means take advantage of it. I enjoyed my swims in this one. We enjoyed the Sunday buffet a great deal. Very relaxing and tasty. We also enjoyed gazing into the fire pit they had burning in front outside every night. Relaxing and fun. I good place to exchange a few pleasantries with other guests.

The staff was extremely courteous and very professional.

Room Tip: We stayed in three different rooms here and all were really nice. We liked the ones with a view the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nike C
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are proud to be pet friendly and take great measures to make sure that you and your family have the best experience while staying with us. I will share your comments with our staff.
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I hosted a conference here, and stayed here for the conference as well (two nights).

I cannot say enough about how helpful our event planner, Julie, was. She answered every question I had (and I had a lot) over the course of the planning. She and Tony, the guy who set up the AV equipment and brought out and broke down the coffee for breaks, were phenomenal. Both were friendly, approachable, and AVAILABLE. We had a couple of minor issues, and it wasn't hard to find Tony on the fly; he was calm and so helpful. We had substantial delays and shifts in our agenda, which shifted our break times and lunch (in their Bookmakers' Restaurant) --they worked with it all, and allowed us to shift the breaks as we needed to. Gracious staff, and I have absolutely no complaints. When lunch was running late, and the ladies showed up to break down the buffet, I asked them what kind of time we had, and their response was "we'll work around you". You can't get a better accommodation than that. And when we asked for a lounge space for our attendees for later in the evening, they had no problem with it; when our open bar ended, instead of just shutting it down, one of the staff came out just to make sure we didn't want to extend it.

This hotel is a small one, and maybe that's how they can be so attentive; frankly, it's refreshing, and for me as a host, it was a relief.

I was too busy too eat much at this conference, but I liked what I ate (good lunchtime sandwich).

Although the building & rooms are a little dated, the rooms are clean and comfortable (I had a king size bed).

They have a nice, big propane fire pit in the front behind a trellis, and outside their restaurant. Several attendees spent a good amount of time there after-hours, and you can easily grab a drink from the bar and take it out by the fire pit. They let us keep it on well after they closed up the restaurant.

I would stay here again, and I would definitely hold another conference/meeting here again.

Room Tip: The walls are a little thin, so you might ask for one on the end. You might also ask for a room not...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are all very happy that you and your group enjoyed your time at our hotel. Julie is a real professional as well as the rest or our staff. I can't wait to share with her your wonderful comments. We work very hard to keep our hotel improving so that we can provide the amenities that will make our guest's stay the most enjoyable. We take your feedback to heart and will continue to strive to serve in the best way possible.