“Wonderful Stay”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We came here very last minute from Westchester County to enjoy the snow storm away from our home town. We stayed in a 2 room king suite on the 4th floor. The suite was great - spacious, clean and comfortable. The king bed in the separate bedroom was very comfortable. There was a jetted tub and separate shower in the bathroom. The pull out couch in the living room was comfortable and made up with nice linens. There were plenty of extra bed pillows too.Both the hotel and food service staff were friendly and helpful. We had our dog with us which was no problem - the nearby park was great for dog walks in the snow. The second night we had our niece and nephews visit from nearby. We had a blast in the pool and sledding next door in the park. We also enjoyed the outdoor firepit. We ordered dinner each night from the downstairs restaurant and each time it was good. This is by far the nicest Holiday Inn that we have stayed in and will plan a visit again.

Room Tip: 4th fl corner suite offered great views of the snow falling & was very quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so happy that you chose our hotel and had such a wonderful time here. I will surely share your comments with our staff. I know they will be thrilled to hear about your stay with us.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

First off i was in Saratoga for medical issues with my MOM i was a wreck. Linda ad the front desk knew how to calm us down. Thanks Linda! the rooms were great clean spacious. The next time I h ad to rebook because my mom had been released early she pluged me right back in at a better rate!!!! you know they say the room is the most important thing i say its the people first that get you in and take care of you that makes the room shine!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

First of all, I am sorry to hear about your mom, I hope she is feeling better. I am so happy that our staff member Linda was able to take care of you. I will share your kind comments with her. We would love to see you come back and stay with us under better circumstances. Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I thought I was heading back to NJ, but I was trapped in Saratoga when my car refused to start. The car was towed and I walked to the Holiday Inn with my 3 kids, where we were treated like royalty. The reception staff, Sheri, Sandy and Linda in particular, were extremely gracious and accomodating. Room service was quick and the food was superb. The room was immaculate and extra blankets and pillows arrived before we even asked for them. I wound up staying 2 nights with no car, so the free shuttle service (on demand) became a necessity. I can't say enough about this place. My first stay was by accident, but the Holiday Inn is now my hotel of choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our hotel and staff. I am sorry to hear about your car problems, but I am glad that we were able to help in some small way. I have already shared your very kind comments with the staff here and hope that you and your family can come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

So far this has been my favorite hotel to stay in while in Saratoga Springs. The hotel decor is nice and seems to have character as opposed to other places. The location is great and can't be beat. Loved having two double beds and free wi-fi. The only minor issues are that the bathroom is very small and the walls are super thin. One of my huge hotel room pet peeves is being able to hear people urinate in the adjoining room which was the case from our room.

Room Tip: I would choose a room far away from the elevator as guests can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We get many compliments about our location from travelers. Your feed back enables us to strive to be the best possible choice when coming to Saratoga Springs. I hope you get to return soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here with friends for a bachelorette weekend in Saratoga Springs and have some very nice memories from this stay!

The hotel is close to the heart of Saratoga; a quick walk or drive to many shops and restaurants. Its location was the primary reason we picked this hotel, and I am glad we did.

We started our weekend with drinks at the hotel restaurant/bar, The Bookmaker, which was great fun! Out bartender was friendly and very helpful with suggestions of places to spend the evening.

The outdoor pool was not yet open, but the indoor pool was more than sufficient. And though the workout room was small, it had a treadmill and that is all I really need!

The staff was friendly at the front desk, as was the cleaning staff who was more than patient with a group of ladies in town for a bachelorette party.

Our breakfast at the Bookmaker was very yummy, though we all thought the woman waiting on us seemed rather impatient and not very happy to be working.

Nevertheless, we had a very nice time there, and I would recommend this hotel to others staying in Saratoga.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

I am so glad that you and the girls enjoyed your stay at our hotel. There really are so many places within walking distance from the hotel and a great night life for a bachelorette party. I will share your comments with Diane and Ron as well as the rest of the staff. Thanks for choosing us.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Impromptu getaway brought us to the Holiday Inn in Saratoga. Diane front desk, Ron the bartender and the shuttle driver were all so friendly and made our stay that much more enjoyable. The rooms were lovely and more important very clean. Will definitely return

• Stayed: November 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. I will share your comments with our staff.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga several times and always had a pleasant stay. The hotel staff is consistently friendly and helpful. The rooms are a reasonable size and come with free wi-fi. The beds are comfortable and they provide lots of pillow choices. There is also ample free parking. If you're attending an event at The Casino, you can easily leave through the back door of the hotel, go down the stairs, through the park, and you're there. Unfortunately, they close the bar at midnight and the main section of downtown is a few blocks away; not too far in good weather, really far in cold weather.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Cathy F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel. Our staff at the hotel are very eager to serve and we are very grateful that you recognized them. I am glad that our location works for you, too. We are within walking distance to many area attractions including the casino, and if it gets too cold for you to walk, our shuttle can get you to your destination with no charge.