“It's a tired holiday inn.......”

Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“It's a tired holiday inn.......”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Saratoga is expensive so the HI was we thought a safe bet for our family. Well, it is slightly less expensive, but the step down in quality wasn't worth the savings. Rooms are VERY small, which is fine for 2 people but not good for 4. Bathroom was tiny. It's just an old hotel-- there's no way around it. Well located and staff was reasonably friendly. Breakfast was basic and what you would expect.

I'd pay more for a little more space.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FuerteUSA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear FuerteUSA,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I'm delighted to know that you like our location and found our staff friendly. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

This Holiday Inn has a beautiful park "Congress" Park, right behind it, making it convenient to walk a dog.
But racing season which starts yeterday, July 20, gets a bit crowded and parking becomes a bit inconvenient, though the hotel has plenty of parking and if they run out, all you do is go to the front desk and they will make sure you get parked.
There are many very, very good restaurants, very nearby and down the Broadway strip. There are trendy shops, plenty of art, many museums, and the exciting horse races.
I experienced 98 degree heat and humidity this week and therefore could not do much with my very fury dog.

Room Tip: I was traveling with my dog so they gave me a ground floor room where they try to put all people wit...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ConanJana
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed here overnight for a party that would be happening in the hotel. Very nice room, but small. No extra space for sure. Flat screen TV. nice. My girlfriend who was hosting the party got upgraded to a suite for free and it was huge. The reason I couldn't give it 5 stars is the parking is ridiculous. Not nearly enough spaces for the amount of people staying here. There were some spaces off limits because of red cones and when I asked about it my question was just ignored. (Later on the cones were removed and these spots filled)This seemed to be a trend. I later asked about the lack of air conditioning in the hallways to another employee and was also just ignored. They talked to me like I hadn't even asked the question. Air Conditioning also spotty in the party room. This is summer people, you have 100 people dancing, you need good A/C.
Restaurant was reasonably priced and the food was very good. Except for the dessert. My berry tart in the height of berry season was some frozen affair with frozen blueberries on it. Not appetizing. Food at the party was very mixed. Some good some horrible. Very nice employees. I wouldn't rush back but I also wouldn't say don't stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank cyndy222
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

My son and I spent the weekend of March 31st, 2012 here. Excellent on all fronts...from front-desk courtesy to cleanliness to local travel (free shuttle service within a few miles to and from, which was so helpful to us)...and then the fantastic pool. Talk about efficiency: Our room key would not allow us access to the pool...some computer glitch. We went to the front desk; the lovely lady there contacted a member of the maintenance staff; he not only let us into the pool, he adjusted our card so we would have no further problems. It's also in such a great location...walking to a great park (which is pretty much outside the hotel door) and on the main drag...I recommend this to all.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Utica , NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

A step down from my last stay. Had executive room on end of building and was disappointed in amenities. Advertised with better amenities but had the same tired 1960's soap that you wouldnt wash your pet with. Elevator wasnt working most of the busy afternoon I was there. Pool area is nice and so is the business room with all the items you need to do some busy work on computer. Meal at Bookmakers was decent, they are improving in that department. Very pricey for non-racing season. Go with cheaper if you find it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing pool (summertime)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Pros - You cannot beat the location of this hotel, right on Broadway and easy walking distance to everything. Rear of hotel backs on to beautiful park. Hotel has free on site parking, easy check in. Rooms were clean, but just average. There is a free shuttle from the hotel that we used to get to SPAC for a concert which was very convenient. Cons - Requested a room on a higher floor away from elevators in hopes of cutting down noise problem. Still heard the conversation and baby crying quite clearly in the next room on the second night of our stay. Oh well....next time I'll bring ear plugs.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I experienced no problems really with the hotel, but the appearance of the rooms could be updated. I overheard (clearly) a conversation from another room through the bathroom airvent, so that was a bit sketchy. For a business stay of one night, no problems recommending. If I were to bring my family, I might find other lodging.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business