“No surprises”

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Canandaigua
“No surprises”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here because we are Best Western reward members (Also Choice privileges with Comfort Inn) Everything was fine that I consider important, quiet rooms, comfortable beds, clean surroundings, and lots of hot water for a shower. TV had enough channels, refrigerator worked fine etc. Location on major route a plus with a great BBQ across the road. No noise from highway a plus. Fitness room looked inviting, but had no time to use, nor the pool. Only down note was the breakfast. OJ was good, everything else I would avoid. Price was reasonable, but no way I would pay a higher rate during racing season. Reason for staying- new grandparents visiting hospital in Saratoga. Would stay again at this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Dennis, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Following a very unpleasant phone conversation with an extremely rude front desk clerk, I expected a miserable visit. I wasn't too bad, however. We arrived late, and with our 2 dogs. We were given a room right next to a back exit, which made sense. However, it was also an exit used by smokers and people went in and out all night, waking the dogs and ourselves. The noisy ice machine was right outside our door as was the laundry. So housekeeping noise began bright and early. There is also construction going on in part of the hotel.
The room was fairly clean, except for the dirty and worn sofa bed. The desk lamp was broken, which should have been obvious to housekeeping. There is a tiny exercise room, and an outdoor pool. A good BBQ joint is across the street. The breakfast was adequate with cereals, bagels and a waffle machine.
There were some odd things about the room, strange unfinished wood. But overall cheapest in Saratoga Springs that weekend. Note: they hold 10% of the room charge if you check in with a debit card.

Room Tip: Rooms in back away from the highway should be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 518-584-2350.

Big Sky, Montana
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Positive stay. Very pleasant stay. Especially liked the free breakfast. Lots of choices. Room was large and well arranged for space. All employees friendly and helpful. Easy access from parking lot. Would definately stay there again if in the area. Like the rewards point program

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Saratoga Springs, Ny
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I picked this hotel based on price, it was about $50 less than any other hotels in the area. Granted it is about two miles from Broadway, so there is a reason why it is so much less expensive. I bought my room off Priceline and when we got to the counter, I was immediately charged $10 for an additional person, even though my reservation was for 3 people but I was still paying less than any other hotel so I went with it, one thing I made a point to ask is if we could split the bill three ways, the person at the desk said it was absolutely fine and we walked off to our rooms. I stayed here a few years ago and can tell you that the rooms have been updated a lot! It was very impressive and clean. On our way out we stopped for breakfast, nothing amazing but had a very good variety so it helped with the value of the trip. We go to check out and there was a different person working the front desk and after I told him the room number I mentioned that we were going to split the bill three ways. He told me he had already charged my card. I asked if he could refund my card and he said he would have to call the customer service line to do this. My friends and I decided keep the charge on my card but they would pay me with cash, but they did need to change out some of their bills to give me the correct amount. We were doing this to be kind to the front desk person but it ended up becoming the longest, most confusing money situation I have ever encountered. He kept giving the wrong change back, and forgetting what we gave him. I explained to him several times that we were keeping the bill as is and all we needed was for him to break up a $20 into 4 $5's, this was entirely too much for him to handle and although I was very patient with him, I was 1.) concerned that a hotel would charge my card without making sure that's the card I wanted to use/how I wanted to pay and 2.) That someone with extremely poor math skills is allowed to run the counter alone around checkout time.

Room Tip: This would be a good hotel for a family weekend trip, you will need you car to get to Broadway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
bwsaratoga, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay, but I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience upon check out. We will work to help train our staff to better suit the needs of our guest.

Ithaca, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Let me start off with saying the hotel seems pretty clean. The breakfast is kind of old, and not a good selection, but still ok. I came down to buy a snack during my stay and no one was there! I waited 10 minutes. I decided to put down my snack I was buying and come back later. When I came back about 10 minutes later, I finally saw the lady outside coming in from what looked like smoking a cigarette. I figure this because she smelled awful, like cigarette smoke! Im an older man, and I personally think its dangerous to not have someone watching that desk, what if I needed help?! Horribly staffed! I am planning on writing a letter to Best Western in which I tell them of my horrible stay!!

Room Tip: stay away!!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richardw888
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Richard,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Unfortunately we were unaware of this problem, and we wish you would have talked to one of our staff members about this so we could have given you the proper compensation. We encourage you to get in touch we us about the problem so we can help to resolve it. Please contact me and I will be more than happy to help. Our phone number is 518-584-2350. We will be awaiting your call.

Travelers are raving about these Saratoga Springs hotels

sterling, va
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here December 27 & 28 2013. This was a pleasant surprise as a very good hotel/motel. The room had two queen beds and was very spacious. The bed was very comfortable and slept well on it. It was very clean and appeared to have been renovated recently. They have very good wifi access;free and very good breakfast with plenty to eat;a microwave and big refrigerator in the room;a very big LG/HD TV which was excellent. The bathroom was very big and even had a hot lamp that you don't see much anymore. They also had a in room coffee maker that was placed in the bathroom. Which was weird. The front desk staff was cordial and helpful. They had an abundance of area menus to look at. They also have an excercise room and an outdoor pool. They also had a business room with computer accesss,printers,faxes and other business amenities. It's close to the Interstate exit and not far from downtown Saratoga Springs. Also located very close to a state park. I would highly recommend this place if you are staying any length of time in Saratoga Springs.

Room Tip: First floor on the backside is very quiet and you can park close to your room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We usually stayed in the downtown area but decided to give this hotel a try as it's very close to the state park.
The room was quite big, comfortable and clean.
The hotel location is good, right by the state park and there are restaurants close by. It's clean and well kept.
The male check-in clerk was friendly and efficient.
Breakfast was not bad in terms of food and atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family