“Our stay”

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed May 9, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Its a nice place for the money. Not fancy and a bit dated, but very accommodating for my business needs. The best part were the owners who are very wonderful hosts and people. Sometimes its something like that which makes you come back as that is invaluable.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Steven T,
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here for a girl's "shopping and spa" weekend get away. Hotel is conveniently located less than 3 miles from downtown (corner of Broadway and Caroline), right around the corner from Saratoga Spa State Park, and not far off Exit 13N.

Breakfast was as advertised with hot and cold items, and was adequate. This past weekend (Saturday and Sunday mornings), the offering was oatmeal in packages, cereals (with skim or 2% milk), yogurts, oranges and apples, apple and orange juices, wheat & white breads, english muffins, bagels, danishes, self-make waffle station, sausages and egg discs (as mentioned in other reviews). I found the egg disc good for making an egg muffin (without cheese). If they have sausage patties instead of the sausage links and some sort of cheese, then it would make a good breakfast egg sausage muffin sandwich. The coffee could be improved though since neither my friend nor I liked it.

Toiletries provided were hand/facial bar soap, bath bar soap and shampoo. Bring your own conditioner, body wash and lotion if you need them. It is not an issue if you forgotten to bring since Target and Walmart are just off Exit 15 on 87.

We had a double queen room facing the back which is wooded and very quiet. The room was dimly lit with limited lighting which was good for relaxing, but not so good if you need to work or read. I think the dimness affected the vacuuming of the maid since my friend found a few pieces of cheerios on the floor next to her bed, but otherwise the room seemed clean.

I like high pillows, but the pillows bothered my friend since she likes low pillows. It would be good if the 3 pillows provided per bed are different thickness/softness so one could pick and choose. I thought my bed was not comfortable but my friend thought hers was fine. So I guess mattresses and pillows are very subjective and the ones at this hotel might or might not suit you.

Overall it is good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yung4fr

Dear Yung4fr,

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Got an adjoining room with some friends, one king, 2 Queens in the other. Both rooms were clean, nice little fridge with a microwave on top. The room with king bed had a love seat and coffee table which was nice for hanging out with our friends after we got home.

The breakfast was good, with waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, some danish etc. There, were some odd flat circular things that must have been powdered eggs and there was also sausage.

My ONLY COMPLAINTS - very poor, weak coffee in the breakfast area, the powdered egg disks and the PILLOWS were awful. They were too large and all 4 of us felt the same. We all woke with neck aches so bring your own if driving. Bed was comfy.

Other than that, very affordable for the area, nice place, clean, friendly service, basically all your needs met and just enough outside town that it is quieter. Would stay again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

dear vthereandnow,

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Just off the 87 and very short distance from the center of the town, this hotel provides nice spacious bedroom and bathroom. They referred us to a great place to eat a BBQ chicken...just across the street ... called PJ's Bar--B-QSA...great food and a DJ to accompany our supper. Check in and check out done very rapidly and efficently. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We were on the lst floor and looked out onto a wooded area with parking space....since we got in at...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandinette

Dear Sandinette,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Saratoga Springs for a weekend last summer. Hotel was really nice. The receptionist at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious and super clean, nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. The room overlooked the pool, which was nice! We did swim in the pool one afternoon which was very enjoyable and we had it all to ourselves.
They served a complimentary breakfast buffet. Food was good with a nice variety to choose from.
Would definitely stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunnyG4ce
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Ricardo M,

Reviewed March 26, 2013

It took 15+ minutes to get checked in. Much longer than I would expect given only one person in front of me. Granted they had three separate reservations and some issues. Then, despite reserving a king I was asked to take a double. Not a big deal, but after lengthy wait not a wise decision by desk clerk. Room was fine but since clocks still reflected standard time I knew room had not been occupied for 5 days. This is not a good message to send. While I may return due to location and price, I will at least look at other options as the switching of rooms after the wait in my view is questionable customer service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Stephen E
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Mr.Englese,
I appolisize for the uncomfortable experiences doruring your stay at our hotel on 3/14/13. Please give us a chance on your next stay. It should NOt take that long to check in. Your experience is our strength. We will take care issues you pointed out.
Thanking you again for staying with Best Western.
MO Hussain