“A Good Choice”

Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Saratoga Springs
Reviewed November 16, 2012

First, full disclosure: I am finicky about staying in a hotel or motel. It must be absolutely clean, quiet, and well-organized; the staff must be competent and courteous; it must be safe (hallways well lit at night; key cards that work with the first swipe; parking spaces close to the entry doors).

I have no complaints whatsoever about the Best Western Plus on South Broadway in Saratoga Springs. There was a bit of confusion about the rate I was charged (the desk clerk immediately informed me that I would receive the lower rate I was quoted, and for which I had a printed receipt via e-mail) because the hotel had to honor that rate.

My room was on the second floor. It was extremely quiet, clean, and well-appointed in terms of lights, toiletries, towels, and more. I was a little discombobulated that the queen beds were covered with sheets, not coverlets, so I wandered to the desk and asked; in a near split second a maid appeared to explain that, like the Hilton, this hotel now puts blankets between the sheets. Who knew? She offered to bring me an extra blanket, which I thought would be nice.

A comment about this sheet top practice: I think this is a good way to insure cleanliness. (I never liked bedspreads - who knows how clean they are?)

The breakfast buffet had a good assortment of items - I try to stay on a healthy diet when traveling, and so the yogurt, fruit, juice choices suited me well. The coffee was good; as another traveler getting a refill commented: "It actually tastes like coffee!"

I had work appointments in the city, but the 2 mile/5 minute drive was a breeze, even during the early morning "rush."

So about the cost...My total was $80 + change for one night. Other hotels in the city charge double that, no negotiating.

On the basis of my one experience, I would return to this hotel, and I would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, and the clerk looked at the bookings and found one on the second floor wit...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. I am happy that we were able to resolve the problem with your rate, as it was a miscommunication. I am glad you were satisfied with the breakfast, cleanleness of your room, and your overall stay. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 518-584-2350.
Mo Hussain
Guest Service Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't usually write reviews on anything so this is new to me. I liked the fact that it was close to the Casino where I was planning on spending my time. The room that I had reserved for me was good size for the price. In that respect I was nicely surprised. The people at the front desk were very accommodating and friendly. I have stayed at other Best Westerns in NY and I was a little bit saddened when I looked out my room window only to see extension cords hanging from the storm drain pipe. Maybe the hotel was being renovated and so it was needed, but to me it was just unfinished business. The breakfast was filling but there needed to be a little more variety. I will stay here again when I want to go gambling.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for responding to trip advisor about your stay.

The extension cords hang were because we were having maintenance work done to the exterior of our hotel.

We offer a free continental breakfast which includes eggs, sausage, hot and cold cereals make your own waffles, bagels, and a variety of pastries.

Our hotel is just minutes from Saratoga casino and raceway, downtown, and Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

If I can personally assist you in any way, call me directly at 518-583-9305.

Modasser Hussain,

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We picked this hotel for its close proximity to Saratoga Springs and the fact that it was fairly new having been built in 2005. The building is poorly constructed and without sound proofing. We could hear every footstep above us and around us. Floors were very squeaky. It was close to Route 87 but not within walking distance to town. Furnishings were worn and not well kept. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
bwsaratoga, Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for responding on trip advisor about your recent stay at our property. This Hotel is only 5 years old and has sound proof walls. I apologize if you felt that your room was too noisy and our building did not meet your standards. All of our furnishings are new and very well kept. Our hotel is minutes from Saratoga Casino and raceway, downtown, and The Saratoga Performing Arts Center.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was a good location but we had a lot of trouble accessing the outside door with the room key. We had to try swiping both cards for at least 5 minutes before the door would open. I would not want to be standing outside behind the motel in the trying to get in by myself. The dead bolt was broke on the room door. I would not have stayed there without my husband!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for responding on trip advisor about your recent stay at our property. Rain had gotten into our lock mechanism and we are in the process of fixing the locks on the outside doors. I apologize if you felt that your room’s dead bolt on your door did not work, if you had let us know we would have changed your rooms if we were not at total occupancy.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

stayed here last year and didn't have any complaints. this visit wasn't so good. checking in was fine. room was fine. housekeeping was the worst we ever encountered. . when we arrived the toilet paper roll was almost empty and not replaced. we found ants under the sink before we went to bed and left a note for housekeeping to tend to. they did. they replaced the tissue box but didn't open the second box. the third day they left us one face cloth for two people and no hand towels. minor things but still. breakfast was okay. had to passs the staff to get to the hallway for our room. noone spoke to us. will not be back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for responding on trip advisor about your recent stay at our property. I apologize that your room had ants under the sink; however we took care of the ants for you personally. As for the housekeepers we spoke to them about making sure all of the amenities are in the room needed to make your stay with us the best possible.
I hope that you will stay with us again and give us another change.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

We often are traveling in a semi truck & trailer and with a cat. Prior to making reservations, we will call a hotel directly to confirm the truck parking situation and pet policy. And we try not to make that call during check-in or check-out hours.

Our mid-evening phone call to this hotel was answered by an extremely rude man who seemed preprogrammed to only make reservations! We were not able to communicate with him at all, our questions not pertaining specifically to reservations. He became extremely irritated, told us to call back another day and hung up!

Fortunately we got through to a fantastic front desk gal, Traci, the following day, had all our questions answered and thoroughly enjoyed a 3 night stay. Traci was a helpful presence throughout our visit and we really appreciate her extra efforts!

In summary, the hotel location accomodations were great. As others have mentioned, transportation to town is necessary and not within walking distance. We almost passed on staying here because of the rude front desk experience...glad we got through to someone else and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012
bwsaratoga, General Manager at Best Western Plus Saratoga Springs, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Michele Owens,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I apologize that the overnight man was rude, hard to communicate with and hung up. I am glad that Tracy was able to take care of all of your questionsand needs.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Mo Hussain
Guest Service Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Park Inn

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Very well located motel and priced below other brands. This motel was central to the events we were in Saratoga Springs attending which we did not realize when we booked. Our room was large and clean, no issues there. I'd like to see a better "breakfast" - eggs were scrambled (or egg product) we think and flattened to look like thin pancakes, hmmmm not good.
We would stay here again for the convenience, cleanliness and pricing factors alone.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet; or maybe the A/C wall unit muffled sounds. We'd prefer a second floor room s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple