“great food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2018

Here for a late nite bite. When entering, a couple who was leaving told us they had a wonderful meal and we'd enjoy it. The menu is extensive, with a nice mix of foods, with everything from a mild samosa or aloo gobi to a dish that was rated with a LOT a chilies next to it! Seating is limited and tables are close together- closer than usual in most restaurants. Food prices were reasonable, not cheap but okay. Portions were larger than expected. Next time, we will hit up the lunch buffet that runs every day except Mondays- when they are closed. Handicap accessible- even the one stall bathroom!! , but I'd call ahead to make sure they move tables to allow access due to tight table spaces.DELICIOUS papadum offered on the table along with 2 chutneys..addictive.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Couldn’t wait to try this- and the flavors did not disappoint. Ordered vegetarian app and two dishes we order everywhere (makhani as vindaloo) both were tasty but creeping up on $70 for no drinks at 2.5 dishes seemed pricey. Small tight dining area. Will return, however, to try buffet

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

This was the second time we dined here and I must say it is the best Indian food I have ever had. Every dish tastes freshly prepared and seasoned exactly right. The waiter was very friendly, attentive and likable. I only have one beef with this place. Every table has a bottle of Saratoga water on it implying that it is for the diners to enjoy. With no prior notice, a $4 charge is added to your bill for the water if you drink it. This is wrong and they didn’t even offer any ice.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We ordered food for delivery [via Mealeo] from Karavalli last night. The food came on time and was delicious. We'd ordered samosas, sheekh kebab and regada as appetizers chicken tikka masala and shrimp mango curry as entrees along with raita and naan. This came with two servings of rice and papadums and 4 little tubs of condiments. The portions of the entrees were tiny; maybe 5 shrimp and only a few pieces of chicken. Again - the food was delicious - though pricey. And the delivery fee was quite high. I'm guessing the luncheon buffet would be a great deal- and will try that at some point [although parking downtown is always a trial...which is why we had the food delivered].

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

Even though I travel over two hours to get to Karavalli from Vermont, it is worth the trip! I keep returning for the lunch and brunch buffets because the food is delicious, and the staff is extraordinarily hospitable. Returning is like being welcomed back home by dear relatives, and the buffet offerings remind me of sharing special holiday meals with a big family. There are abundant choices, each carefully prepared, not like the crass mass produced food more commonly found in restaurant buffets. There are always fresh salads, nicely spiced warm meat and vegetable dishes, an appetizer, and traditional sauces. After trying a dozen or more restaurants in Saratoga Springs, this is by far my favorite, and now I return primarily to visit Karavalli. I cannot recommend it more highly.

Date of visit: June 2018